R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   stupid engine (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/607058-stupid-engine.html)

boomtheroom 03-08-2012 02:04 AM

stupid engine

i have a go gx7r engine with 1 gal through it..all of a sudden it just started running crap after running perfect..had a quick look and the carb was loose..screw was tight but carb still loose..dunno what happened..anyways
i have a carn from a rb ws7...will it work ok if i just use that carb in its place?

ScottyM 03-08-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by boomtheroom (Post 10438410)
i have a go gx7r engine with 1 gal through it..all of a sudden it just started running crap after running perfect..had a quick look and the carb was loose..screw was tight but carb still loose..dunno what happened..anyways
i have a carn from a rb ws7...will it work ok if i just use that carb in its place?

Wait a minute. If the carb was simply loose tighten it back up and be on your way. If it still doesn't run right it is probably because the engine finally broke in all the way, so it needs tuned again.. Nitro engines aren't like your lawn mower or weed eater, where you can set the tune once and forget about it. They require constant tinkering because the parameters your dealing with are very small and slight changes in weather effect the engine drasticaly.

Locum51 03-08-2012 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyM (Post 10438665)
Wait a minute. If the carb was simply loose tighten it back up and be on your way. If it still doesn't run right it is probably because the engine finally broke in all the way, so it needs tuned again.. Nitro engines aren't like your lawn mower or weed eater, where you can set the tune once and forget about it. They require constant tinkering because the parameters your dealing with are very small and slight changes in weather effect the engine drasticaly.

+1, you will have to now tune it for your track/conditions. :nod:

22Racer 03-08-2012 03:15 PM

Sometimes the metal sleeve on the Go engines come loose from the plastic. The Rb carb you have will work and that would be your best bet.

Rex

Jaz240 03-08-2012 06:48 PM

Best thread ever! "STUPID ENGINE"
I love it!

grizz1 03-24-2012 02:12 AM

Sounds like "stupid owner" may be a more appropriate title for the thread :rolleyes:
If the carb is wobbling, it's beacuse the pinch bolt has been cranked up way too tight and dented the throat. Will happen on most motors if you ham fist it.
With O Ring seals top and bottom of the carb, it can move a little after such abuse and not leak anyway. When a motor that has been running good suddenly looses it's tune, it's nearly always an external problem, not a motor related problem.

boomtheroom 03-24-2012 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by grizz1 (Post 10509254)
Sounds like "stupid owner" may be a more appropriate title for the thread :rolleyes:
If the carb is wobbling, it's beacuse the pinch bolt has been cranked up way too tight and dented the throat. Will happen on most motors if you ham fist it.
With O Ring seals top and bottom of the carb, it can move a little after such abuse and not leak anyway. When a motor that has been running good suddenly looses it's tune, it's nearly always an external problem, not a motor related problem.

found problem... stupid owner...NO!
was the stupid carb throat detaching from the rest of the carb...
no reason just decided to give way...

got_nitro 03-24-2012 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by boomtheroom (Post 10509402)

Next time you want to give something like that away, send me a PM:lol:

Flanno 03-24-2012 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by boomtheroom (Post 10509402)

the metal sleeve on the Go engines comes loose from the plastic body

Next time try setting your throttle EPA on your radio so there is still 4mm of play on the carby barrel movement when full throttle is applied..... these things don't just give way for no reason as you say.... as usual ; human error is the cause and the product gets a bashing. :nod:

Flanno 03-24-2012 06:05 AM

Actualy, just thinking about it, and I'v seen this many times too....

Another way the seal can get broken on a carby;

when people need more brakes they just dial in more brake throw on the radio instead of dialing it in with the linkages, should only be using the radio to fine tune, not wind on heeps of brakes.
Any way what happens is when the brake side of the servo moves more then so does the throttle side trying to close and compresses the tention spring to the point it can't compress any more and therefore ends up putting more pressure on the carby.

Also some times people remove the servo horns when removing the radio tray from their rig when doing clean up etc (I never remove servo horns) and when they put them back in they put the servo horn back on but not lined up as it was before it was removed, then again causing one of the 2 senarios, either too much throttle throw or too much brake throw.

Jammin57 03-24-2012 06:34 AM

Maybe people should read before jumping the gun and calling people stupid..... In the original post he CLEARLY SAYS the carb is loose but the screw was tight

bigjayjay1 03-24-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jammin57 (Post 10509648)
Maybe people should read before jumping the gun and calling people stupid..... In the original post he CLEARLY SAYS the carb is loose but the screw was tight

Yup that my thought he new about the Carb bolt being tight Rex nailed it

houston 03-24-2012 10:32 AM

really? wow:confused:

i think some should think before they post in public ;)

22Racer 03-24-2012 01:07 PM

Having ran Go's for a couple years I can say I have had it happen on a Go but no other engine. The older Go's had a holes in the carb sleeve so this would not happen.

Rex

Mark _australia 03-25-2012 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jammin57 (Post 10509648)

I agree. Seems to be a general thing of not reading the question, or not reading the whole thread, before bashing away at the keyboard.