Question on M2C Clutch Kit Shims

Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Question on M2C Clutch Kit Shims

Well...I will be running a Clocked Bonito .21 on my Kyosho ST-RR EVO and went ahead and ordered the M2C6074 clutch set to put on it. I will be using the Kyosho 13 tooth clutch bell that is supplied with the EVO kit.

My question...these tiny shims came with the M2C clutch kit but the instructions do not mention anything about them. Should I put these on the crankshaft posts in order to sit under the clutch shoes? I would think so but again nothing is mentioned about them in the instructions.
Here is a picture of the small shims I am talking about:

Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
Well...I will be running a Clocked Bonito .21 on my Kyosho ST-RR EVO and went ahead and ordered the M2C6074 clutch set to put on it. I will be using the Kyosho 13 tooth clutch bell that is supplied with the EVO kit.

My question...these tiny shims came with the M2C clutch kit but the instructions do not mention anything about them. Should I put these on the crankshaft posts in order to sit under the clutch shoes? I would think so but again nothing is mentioned about them in the instructions.
Here is a picture of the small shims I am talking about:

I really wish there were instructions on this one LOL..time and time again I see this very same question LOL !!!! those shims are for a Losi clutchbell...they shim up the crankshaft, they do not go under the shoes
Old 03-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I really wish there were instructions on this one LOL..time and time again I see this very same question LOL !!!! those shims are for a Losi clutchbell...they shim up the crankshaft, they do not go under the shoes
I did email clockwork about this only it is hard to explain this question in words. That is why I decided to take pictures and ask here...so thank you for finally clearing that up for me. Whoever is putting the instructions (which is on a small separate piece of paper for a completely different kit,lol needs to find some other line of work and the picture they provide is so small and blurry it is ridiculous.
Cool...now I can finally finish this clutch...which I am loving BTW super easy to install the shoes.