Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O.S. .21 VZB help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default O.S. .21 VZB help

I have a .21 vzb with the black block that when i stop and let it idle will hold a high idle and sounds lean but after a few seconds it idles down and no longer sounds lean. I have reset the needles to factory setting and started over and made no difference. I then checked motor, carb, tank, and lines none had an air leak. I am stumped any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by marshallr5
I have a .21 vzb with the black block that when i stop and let it idle will hold a high idle and sounds lean but after a few seconds it idles down and no longer sounds lean. I have reset the needles to factory setting and started over and made no difference. I then checked motor, carb, tank, and lines none had an air leak. I am stumped any help would be appreciated.
I had a problem like that and it turned out to be a loose cooling head screw. I'd keep looking for a leak. Another guy on the forum had completely ruled out a leak and had some kind of problem with his clutch(maybe stuck bearing or something) so the clutch wouldn't disengage. That could keep the revs high for a while too.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mine had similar issue... o-rings on the mid wore and mid needle wandered off flush. O-ring on back plate is also really thin and wouldn't seal as well as it should.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
psr
Tech Regular

lean the bottom end i hour at a time till.it idles high constantly then adjust your idle out but you need to get your motor and chassie saturated
let me know how you go
Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for all the ideas. I have gone over the whole buggy again everything looks good. I checked for leaks again by pluging the intake and exahuast ports the dunking under water while i blow into the fuel line i didnt see any leaks. I changed clutch bell bearings and put a new plug in just to rule them out. I havent got a chance to run it yet due to the weather hoppfully i can run later today. Thanks again for the the help.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the help i put new clutch bell bearings in and changed out the glow plug again to a ofna t4 plug and it runs great and all the problems are gone.