rb ws9 vs nova toro nero

Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default rb ws9 vs nova toro nero

anyone has experience with those 2 engines? i have a ws9 and someone is willing to trade one of my other rc for a toro nero. how is the nova compared to the ws9? (more bottom end? etc)

thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
anyone has experience with those 2 engines? i have a ws9 and someone is willing to trade one of my other rc for a toro nero. how is the nova compared to the ws9? (more bottom end? etc)

thanks
There has been several versions of the Toro but I would bet that any of them will have more bottom end than the WS9. The WS engine is a square stroke engine and more known for loads of top end with a smooth or soft bottom end.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

which would you feel would be better on a rallygame? i'm thinking the toro would be be because of the higher grip surface. (the offroad track is very loose and i think the extra torque will only result in wheelspin)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Normally the more grip you have the more your gona feel it when an engine lacks bottom end. If you will be driving on a lot of high grip the Toro will probably serve you better.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the input