HELP: First Break in

Old 01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP: First Break in

Hi,

I am about to do my first RC car nitro break in (savage x 4.6) and I am confused about something.

There was what seems to be an oil bottle and i not sure if I am supposed to oil something in the car. I read something about the air filter.

I am not allow to post pics but it is a small pink top bottle with something that seems to me like oil.

What is that?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlosort View Post
Hi,

I am about to do my first RC car nitro break in (savage x 4.6) and I am confused about something.

There was what seems to be an oil bottle and i not sure if I am supposed to oil something in the car. I read something about the air filter.

I am not allow to post pics but it is a small pink top bottle with something that seems to me like oil.

What is that?

If it is a brand new Savage its most liley air filter oil ( but double check to be sure) if it is ....what you want to do is take the outer foam filter off. Dont oil it, Then take the screw off the end of the air filter to remove the inner foam. Get a small ziploc bag and put the inner foam filter in it. then try to evenly oil the filter squezing it around inside the bag (the bag helps spread the oil around evenly) you want it oiled all over then when you are done leave it in the back and squeeze the excess oil out of it until it has a nice even thin coat of oil on it. then re-assemble.

You never want run your engine with no filter, or a dry filter.

BUt again make sure thats what the oil is. It should say somewhere.

Lance