M2C vs Werks clutch!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

like Scott said, the Buku is def. a very nice clutch system and is adj. on the fly. no changing flywheels or clutch springs. the track gets slicker or more grip between rounds you can go out during practice and bring it into the pits and have ur pit guy adj. it for whatever you need done.....

now I have ran the werks clutch for the last 1.5 yrs, the shoes last what seems like forever and very quick and easy to swap out springs or complete clutches for fine tuning. and the pins seem to last just as long!

the m2c I have not ran, altough I ran m2c clutches several yrs ago before they came out with the "adj" weighted ones, and they worked great in fact I still have some springs and shoes from them lol
Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a M2C on my Alpha 872, it seems to be the local clutch of choice, (they are located only about 60 miles from us, so local). It seems to work fine, but all of this is new to me, and it's the only clutch I have ran. I just purchased a Werks B5 Pro to build a second RC8.2, and have been trying to decide on a clutch for it. I emailed itch at M2C today, and he recomended that I wait until next week, because the new steel, adjustable weight clutch will become available. With that being said, the customer service that I have received from Werks as of late makes me want to try one of thier clutches.
It s great when there are so many reputable companies to choose from.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

The buku clutch is picking up speed that's another clutch that stands on its own very innovated. Need to give it a whirl Neil, Jer recommend they know there stuff. Also I still use the old faithful the original maker - 8ight four shoe it works great. The m2c springs are stuff and hold for many many gallons.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
19-27 grams that's pretty adjustable for one unit with his shoes and springs it work very nicely. Their is a big difference he's made a product and it stands on his own
What exactly does that mean?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Corley View Post
I have a M2C on my Alpha 872, it seems to be the local clutch of choice, (they are located only about 60 miles from us, so local). It seems to work fine, but all of this is new to me, and it's the only clutch I have ran. I just purchased a Werks B5 Pro to build a second RC8.2, and have been trying to decide on a clutch for it. I emailed itch at M2C today, and he recomended that I wait until next week, because the new steel, adjustable weight clutch will become available. With that being said, the customer service that I have received from Werks as of late makes me want to try one of thier clutches.
It s great when there are so many reputable companies to choose from.
they are both really good guys to deal with...sometimes its hard to make such a choice....so in the end its best just to buy both ! LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Opinions. Werks clutchs or m2c? Who has used both? Or is a clutch a clutch?
No, a clutch is not a clutch. There is a huge difference betweeen clutches and designs. You will have to just try em and see what you like best, everyone is going to have a different opinion. And my opinion the werks Clutch is the easiest, longest lasting and hassle free clutch I have used. The only thing that concerns me about some of the clutches with all the adjustments and peices, is its more stuff to come loose, fall out or mess with. I like Simple and reliable.

Lance
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ive owned werks/ascendancy in the past, now have M2C and will never run another clutch. last longer, easier to use, more adjustment, comes with the tools instead of having to buy them..., etc. he has a new steel flywheel that is quick change that will be coming out shortly, ive been running it and its great. adjusting with set screws is easy and fast.

BTW, the weight is as fallowed for quick change (From Mitch himself)
steel flywheel: 32 grams empty, 37.5 grams fully Loaded.
aluminum modelt: 21 grams empty, 27 grams fully loaded.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Buku for the win!

It is just stupid how fast and easy it is to make changes that are not possible with any other clutch out there. You don't need a bag of springs and the bell stays on....

The only drawback I have found is that they use standard fasteners in a metric rc world.

Not a biggie.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

I like the BUKU clutch. Its a 3 shoe clutch with adjustable springs you adjust with out taking the motor out of car or by adding screws in flywheel.
I have ran the buku system with the latest shoes and the komposite shoes will last twice as long as any alum shoe.