R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   vspec vzb issue (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/592132-vspec-vzb-issue.html)

psr 01-27-2012 06:32 AM

vspec vzb issue

hi guys having a weired issue with a new v spec

i cant keep a constant tune?

it flames out but when i get the tune rite and i think its sweet it just sounds like it goes real rich then flames out its a newly run in beast in a newly built hb d8 running a jp4 pipe

i tried the usualy haunts tank, lines, carb leak etc swaped over the stock clutch, any ideas before i go and junk this motor for a new one ive always had dramas with v spec motors but never this early could it be anything else i tried a new pipe a hyper efra one thats realy old and the problem went away for half a tank then it came back i tried new plugs etc as well ?there is no leaks any were and the rod looks good as well

the only thing is the sleeve locating pin is missing in the block for some reason but the sleeve has been centred ?

stallen50 01-27-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by psr (Post 10235331)
hi guys having a weired issue with a new v spec

i cant keep a constant tune?

it flames out but when i get the tune rite and i think its sweet it just sounds like it goes real rich then flames out its a newly run in beast in a newly built hb d8 running a jp4 pipe

i tried the usualy haunts tank, lines, carb leak etc swaped over the stock clutch, any ideas before i go and junk this motor for a new one ive always had dramas with v spec motors but never this early could it be anything else i tried a new pipe a hyper efra one thats realy old and the problem went away for half a tank then it came back i tried new plugs etc as well ?there is no leaks any were and the rod looks good as well

the only thing is the sleeve locating pin is missing in the block for some reason but the sleeve has been centred ?

sounds like the tune is off. have you tried to reset your needles and check your idle gap?

morgoth 01-27-2012 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by stallen50 (Post 10235357)
sounds like the tune is off. have you tried to reset your needles and check your idle gap?

:nod:

psr 01-27-2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by stallen50 (Post 10235357)

yes i have a few times ive been tuning gp motors for 10 years now im just stumped but its been a few months since a tune

stallen50 01-27-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by psr (Post 10235475)
yes i have a few times ive been tuning gp motors for 10 years now im just stumped but its been a few months since a tune

is it the old style or new? black case or silver? what plug are you using

psr 01-27-2012 07:36 AM

black case un sure on weather its old or new style a os p3 plug

stallen50 01-27-2012 08:02 AM

black case should be the old style with the long needles. would take needles back to flush and readjust the idle to .5-.7 and try re tuning

RMKinWI 01-27-2012 12:20 PM

Sounds like it may not be broke in yet?

psr 01-27-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RMKinWI (Post 10236989)
Sounds like it may not be broke in yet?

even its not broken in propley it should still not flame out

psr 01-28-2012 02:33 AM

ok guys i got two whole tanks with out a flame out yay it seemed to be the two jp-4 jammin pipes i had purchased

morgoth 01-28-2012 02:42 AM

OS T2060 or the efra 2041 pipe is the way to go with a vzb.