Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
buggys wheels wont stop even in idle. >

buggys wheels wont stop even in idle.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buggys wheels wont stop even in idle.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default buggys wheels wont stop even in idle.

Hi all,

Got abit of a problem, maybe someoen could give me advice before i take it to the shop.

I have a 1/10 windhobby buggy that i rebuild with a vx16 motor, new clutch/bell housing. the motor was run in with 5 tanks of 15% on idle when it was in another car.

Now my problem is this, when i start the buggy i need to keep it off the ground as the wheels will not stop turning. I have set everything to the same as another brand new windhobby i have, lowered the idle/mixtures-raised them. I am still unable to have the wheels not rotate when in idle.

I can use the buggy but need to give it some revs then put it on the ground and it does go well, if not harder then my other. If i dont give it revs before putting in on the ground it stalls. I have adjusted the throttle on the transceiver to make the carb only open to 0.5-1mm i have redone the card links, the brake is fine with no wear and if i engage it the buggy stalls.

Any ideas would be great, thanks in adance
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

There are really only three possibilities.

1 - Your idle is too high.
2 - Your clutch bell bearings are toast.
3 - Your clutch is dragging. (Installed wrong or broken)

You may have too many shims between the screw and bearing on the clutch bell.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I agree. If your wheels stopping kills your engine, that means something in your drivetrain is still connected or stopping it- could be brakes hitting the flywheel, clutch not disengaging, etc. Check those things out before messing with the tune.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Initiate

did you tried lowering ur idle ??
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

This is usually how i know my Clutch bearings are gone, when you start the day off with a perfect idle and everything is fine and later the wheels are turing on idle.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

But what people haven't mentioned is that this will happen (or at least to me it does ) with fresh NEW clutch bearings, as they are all nice and greased up, even with the perfect tune, for the first few mins on the box before you go on track, the wheels spin.