Precirotate D5 or PR21C

Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Precirotate D5 or PR21C

My brother is looking for a engine to put in his buggy. I told him to get a Precirotate. But which one is better for a buggy. I know the 3 port is modded. Does that make it just as powerful as the d5? Please help.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

i run the B version... (the blue head) its a really nice motor. seems to have very good power, almost a gallon thru it so its only just coming too now
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Where did you buy the B version at? A-main only sells the C and D5.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
i run the B version... (the blue head) its a really nice motor. seems to have very good power, almost a gallon thru it so its only just coming too now
d5 engine. is not modified. the blue version your talking about is pr21b. totally different motor. that motor has a modified sleeve. and the only thing different between that and the pr21bs is the balanced crank. all of them great motor. d5 with be a great motor. its pretty smooth. i think all of the precirotate motors will be great
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stallen50
d5 engine. is not modified. the blue version your talking about is pr21b. totally different motor. that motor has a modified sleeve. and the only thing different between that and the pr21bs is the balanced crank. all of them great motor. d5 with be a great motor. its pretty smooth. i think all of the precirotate motors will be great
Alright thanks stallen. This is will be his first racing engine. He used to running the traxxas stuff so this will be new to him. I told him to go for the D5. That's a good price for it to. Oh and I got that 21b ready to go on my buggy.