O.S Speed .19 INPUT NEEDED

Old 12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Default O.S Speed .19 INPUT NEEDED

hi guys,

i sortoff asked this question in the O.S speed .19 thread aswell with no answer yet, but im looking for a fast answer with x-mas shopping drawing closer lol. I am thinking about getting me one of the new O.S XZB .19 speeds since i can get one at a really good price.
I curently have a VZB Vspec blue head and i luv it, makes me feel like an expert tuner although im not I am seriously considering getting a MBX6R since XRay has seemingly screwed us over again with a totally new kit for 2012 and im not playing that game anymore i think...I want to know what your experiences are with the .19 Speed, i think it might benifit me to have a slghtly softer motor for my fat finger . Last weekend i dailed some throttle out down low with expo on my transmitter and it seemed to make me alot more consistent. We mostly drive on technical tracks, dusty, hardpacked, bumpy.another is loose, dusty euro style. no real wide open stuff but some nice jumps.
Is the .19 THAT much down on power? also how have you found the longevity on these? i have a 2060 o.s pipe and cant really affort the 2090 now (at $180US most places)...i have a lightweight werks clutch/flywheel on the way if i decide to get a .19 as i read this helps with the bottom on these? Am i just silly or are these a serious consideration nowadayes with the lighter buggies...the way i figure is that alot of peeps are running .21 in truggies now instead of .28's, so maybe a buggy can benefit from something abit smaller? the added runtime will also be nice...if i could make 10min in a main and in so doing basically skip a pitstop (almost everyone here pits at 5min) d be super chuffed

i REALLY appreciate your input..this is the only place i really learn anything of value
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run the .19 and it is an AMAZING Engine. It is just a Little soft on bottom but when everyone else is spinning their tires you are pulling away. The mid and Top will down right amaze you. I also run the Werks 2058 pipe and header and you aren't gonna find a better combo in my opinion. As for longevity I have NO clue I only have a gallon and a half on mine so far. Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
I run the .19 and it is an AMAZING Engine. It is just a Little soft on bottom but when everyone else is spinning their tires you are pulling away. The mid and Top will down right amaze you. I also run the Werks 2058 pipe and header and you aren't gonna find a better combo in my opinion. As for longevity I have NO clue I only have a gallon and a half on mine so far. Hope this helps.
I have the .19 speed and find it to be a great engine. I used the Losi RE10 pipe and that provides plenty of power. If you're getting one at a great price then it could be a great grab. We are currently selling them for $299.

I was amazed to find that the new Werks B2 engine was similar in alot of aspects with a lot lower price.

Good engines on the market today as compared to a few years back.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I have the .19 speed and find it to be a great engine. I used the Losi RE10 pipe and that provides plenty of power. If you're getting one at a great price then it could be a great grab. We are currently selling them for $299.

I was amazed to find that the new Werks B2 engine was similar in alot of aspects with a lot lower price.

Good engines on the market today as compared to a few years back.
Hey Greg, so the B2 will run like the .19? I thought I read that the B2 has alot of bottom end? what about the mileage? what pipe are you running with it? Thanks for the input and didnt mean to hijack this thread but would like to know.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
Hey Greg, so the B2 will run like the .19? I thought I read that the B2 has alot of bottom end? what about the mileage? what pipe are you running with it? Thanks for the input and didnt mean to hijack this thread but would like to know.
The B2 doesn't have the bottom that will knock you dead stupid. It's really smooth and doesn't need clutched to death like the .19 but then again it depends on the car you run it on. On the D8, the .19 is sluggish unless I run 1.1 springs. The B2 has plenty of bottom but once again, not jerking the buggy loose. I was totally impressed with the B2. It fires, idles and tunes pretty much like my Speed engine. I know Werks is in my signature but I'm not sponsored. I was actually so impressed that I decided to advertise...lol
I first tried the B2 with the 2013 pipe but I hear the 2058 gives better top-end and will provide better mileage so I have it coming. Will know more later but no racing till after Christmas due to being so busy at the store. I like racing but I like that money too.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

thanks, any more of you .19 guys out there with an opinion would be great you say you have to clutch the hell out of a .19, what does that typically entail? on an my VZB i like running the 4 shoe clutches with 2 x AL shoes x 1.0 springs and 2 x carbon shoes x 0,9 springs. this gives great delivery with minimal throttle down low for those fiddly bits around the track as im sure you know. What would one typically run on a .19 and 4 shoe clutch? like i said...i have the normal ascendancy system currently but have a lightweight werks pro version in the mail too, helps that the parts are interchangeable
Old 12-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

On my D8, I needed to run 1.1 springs on the clutch, but this was on a small tight track. I think you will be fine. What changed my bottom more than anything was to replace the mid and bottom needles. The low needle on the
.19 isn't very responsive. Replacing the new needles with the older needles will make it tune just like you VZB. It was very tough for me to figure out if it was lean or rich on the bottom as adjusting the low needle never done much.
Here are the ones you need. There not expensive.
23818340 low needle.
23781600 mid needle.

There's more about this in the OS engine thread.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Thanks Greg. PM sent
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

thanks greg b, didnt know the needles made that much of a difference, but then again i luv how my vzb tunes - obviously the carb, wonder why O.S changed the new carbs to something that is essentially worse confused: i had the same issue with my Alpa F850 come to think about it. it also had the short LSN and was retarded to tune right, always felt to me like it had a bog of some sort on the bottom...people in the alpha thread thought i was insane....

PS. im a little scared to touch midrange needles on motors that have them, it was made pretty clear to me from the start that i shouldnt really touch that lol
Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Not really for sure why they changed the carb but it's not all bad. Some have made it sound alot worse than I think it is but the older needles do work better. Alot of people have reported this and like the engines much better after the needle swap.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Whenever anyone has asked me at the track on how the 19 feels, I always say it feels just like the old blue head vzb vspec but with more runtime.
So all in all, I think you should be very happy with it.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

greg how long u selling them for $299? would like to buy a couple after the new year...thanks bryce
Old 12-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Stuck Carb Insulator

Can someone pleas tell me the EASIEST way/method of removing stuck carb insulator with step by step details. Tried to exacto knife it out and that didnt work at all, need to get this .19xzb mounted back up again, thanks in advance fellas