R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
Tech Master

I remember this year alone winning a few races by 3-4 seconds because I had one less pit than anyone else. When everyone you are racing is fast enough to win and people are not wrecking during a main 1 less pitstop makes a huge difference IMO!!! Not only do I have one less stop but I also avoid the traffic jam in pit lane between the 7-8 minute mark.... It's nice to cruise into an empty pit lane to get in and out as quick as possible!!
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #17
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

+1 to what Chris said. Unfortunately for me I like to have a stable of different engines and only 2 out of the 5 are capable of 10 minute pit stops. Hell my Clocked JL may not even make a 7 minute pit stop but it is the most fun engine to drive. I usually vary the engine for the track. Larger tracks I run engines with better fuel mileage and vice-versa. I love when the weather gets cooler here in AZ as my run times increase substantially due to the fuel staying cooler
Old 12-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
Funny, you never see topdrivers make pitstops at 11.30. Its nearly only Hara that pits at 9:00 in the big races. The other pits at 7:30...

Well... Its a huge advantage to have good runtimes during races. Here in DK we often have 45 min a-mains so most people pits at 7:30. You can save 1 pitstop if you can pit at 9:00. If you got even more runtime you make pitstops when the pitlane are empty: 10, 20, 29 and 39.
Tebo almost always pits at 10 and Drake usually does. I am sure there are others like you have mentioned. Check out the nats race at thunder alley 2011 you will see a few top level drivers pitting at 10. If you can do it and it makes sense as a pit strategy then why not.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
I remember this year alone winning a few races by 3-4 seconds because I had one less pit than anyone else. When everyone you are racing is fast enough to win and people are not wrecking during a main 1 less pitstop makes a huge difference IMO!!! Not only do I have one less stop but I also avoid the traffic jam in pit lane between the 7-8 minute mark.... It's nice to cruise into an empty pit lane to get in and out as quick as possible!!

+1 that sums it up perfectly

Lance
RcRenew

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
am
Tech Master

Only reason Battle won the Euros this year was because he had one less pitstop than anyone else in the finale.

That is also why Hara won his WC in USA...

We have driver here that only made three stops on a coupple of races in a 45min finale. He won... 11.30-23.00-34.30.

I have all the speed and power in my +4BTT, but i miss the runtime from the 2010 Team version..
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote