R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default OS engine for RC10GT (.15 or .18)

I have been out of the hobby for a few years but now the wife and I have decided to get back into it. She hasnt driven to many Nitros. Just my last 1/8th scale truck.

We picked her up a near mint RC10GT2 or its a RC10GT. The book with it says GT2. Anyways truck is pretty clean. But it sat way too long in a garage (over 2 yrs) and engine barely has compression. You have to flood it to run and every seal gushes out fuel..

So instead of rebuilding the AE .15, I am thinking an OS engine for her first Nitro car. Easier to teach her to tune it when it stays in tune..

Whats a better choice for the truck OS .15 CV-r or OS .18 CV-r ?

I see guys sayin the .18 is too much for the lil ole truck. Also I see the HPI T-15 is fairly cheap but know nothing about its power or tuning VS the AE .15 thats on the truck.. Dont really want to step down or stay where its at with the power..

Thanks everyone. Sorry these questions seem noob .
cantbuytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In my experience the AE .15 is abetter engine than the HPI T15. the AE is actually very easy to tune and runs very smooth. but they are both RTR engines an d the OS 18CVR would be a very nice up gradetoboth of them. I have had several rc10gts I have had the 18cvr, 18tz engines in some of them along with the ae 12 ,ae 15, os 15cv and now I do big block conversions with them with great results! But from what you asked about I would say you can't go wrong with the os18cvr. it is a great engine with plenty of power no its not too much for the RC10GT.
yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote