Wiki Posts
Search

Quick question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default Quick question!

I am having a problem after idling for a little bit and pressing throttle it bogging really bad or flaming out and after I start it from starter box it does the same thing.. bogs really bad or dies. Am I just needing to lean the LSN an hour or what?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

make sure your idle gap is set right the tune the lowend needle to get a good idle
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

well how long is "idleing for a little bit" ? 5 sec. 10 sec? this will help but sound like you are a tad fat on the bottom end and the engine is just loading up.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Lets just say after a 10 second idle it bogs really really bad when i press the throttle. Is it too rich on the LSN?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
Lets just say after a 10 second idle it bogs really really bad when i press the throttle. Is it too rich on the LSN?
Yup! A definite sign that your LSN is too rich is when you bring your car to a stop and it idles fine for maybe a few seconds, but then you notice the idle getting lower. What's happening is that your engine is loading up on more fuel as it sits there. Lean out your LSN and that idle should stay brisk and not bog down. You'll also see snappy response when you give it throttle too. Just also make sure that the idle gap on your carb is set at 1-1.5mm. I seem to recall that a rough guideline is the thickness of a credit card.