R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
All I can say is WoW after watching that video
Thanks.... they are screamers ! They are actually quite impressive for a Taiwanese engine...We have beaten on the things mercilessly day in and day out and have not yet had one blow up or blow a rod....Which is amazing when you consider the kinds of RPM we are pushing out of them...At the end of last season John and myself were talking about just how durable those JL engines have proven to be...The materials they used in the rod/piston are very similar to the billet Picco uses and nothing like any of the other Taiwanese I have seen...The crank/carb/case are common Taiwanese materials , but the piston/rod material is extremely good.....