Need a new 21 engine

Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Valid point. Let's just say that the day that I find out that another engine that comes from the factory where I have stuff made is identical to mine, it will more than likely be the day that I switch manufacturers. Are there other brands of engines made at LM, sure. However I think that it is important to remember that our relationship together is quite old. Actually we are LM's first (and longest lasting) OEM customer and we have been dealing with each other for 8 or so years. So quite a significant amount of time and when you work together for such a long amount of time a certain level of trust between parties is established.

Also in regards to the loyalty comment. I do not think that I "deserve" any loyalty from you or anyone else. I believe that as a manufacturer loyalty is something that is given when you treat people fairly, offer people reasonably priced products and support your customers the way that they should be. In other words "loyalty" is earned.

Your skepticism I can understand again though I just find it funny that with you it is always "oh Werks has a B2 which is a 3 port, I wonder if that is the same as the Orion 3 port". Orion has a new 5 port, I wonder how similar that is to the Werks B5, oh the B5 is a 5+2 well then it must be the same as the B6" etc. etc. and now the "how does the 521 compare to the B5 as it is also an LM 5 port". What you are failing to realize though is that there are no LM 5 ports. LM makes what we tell them to make and LM makes what Orion tells them to make for the Orion and nVision line. That is it... If you are really curious about how our engines run and you are in the US (so that shipping is not crazy), just PM me your address and I'll send you one of our engines for free to try out I'm always open to getting feedback from people on our products.
Im in the U.S..:-)

Last edited by Neesh; 02-16-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i was gonna say the same. Came across this as I just picked up the 521r and wanted to see how it compared. I live near stl,feel free to send me a b5.I'll be more than happy to swap back and forth and do a write up
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

you cant go wrong with OS!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
There is so much rebranding/rebadging in RC it's crazy. And I'm not saying the engines are identical. I was asking.. But it is hard to believe sometimes that two things made in the same factory with such similar specs are going to be all that dramatically different. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I find it just a little hard to believe for ex. that a Werks plug and an Orion plug are all that night-and-day different. Both engines btw are listed at amain as "5+2 ports".

But look - I don't care. I'm playing with toy cars. I have no loyalty to any of you, however much people like you think you deserve it. I'll buy what I think is good value, period. And I happen to think Werks engines ARE good value, so I would buy one. That doesn't mean though that I'll automatically abandon all skepticism that another 5+2 port made in the same factory is all that different from a B5.. If it is, OK. But it's a completely question given how much rebranding/rebadging goes on in the legitimatehobby.
FWIW, the B5/B6 uses a 16.5mm Stroke and 16.3 Bore.. Orion/nVision use 16.9mm stroke and 16.2mm bore.

That alone should make you realize they aren't the same engine...
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hands down best bang for buck for racer/basher with more then enough to put anyone in buggy or truggy on the podium is the Novarossi P5 and the only manufacture that dominated the industry since forever with quality and performance

cheapest place ive seen one so far is here
http://www.houstonsengineservice.com...e7bad0d42146f8

NOVAROSSI EITHER RACE ONE OR CHASE ONE.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate View Post
FWIW, the B5/B6 uses a 16.5mm Stroke and 16.3 Bore.. Orion/nVision use 16.9mm stroke and 16.2mm bore.

That alone should make you realize they aren't the same engine...
Good point. It further validates Rons statement.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So true

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie View Post
Hands down best bang for buck for racer/basher with more then enough to put anyone in buggy or truggy on the podium is the Novarossi P5 and the only manufacture that dominated the industry since forever with quality and performance

cheapest place ive seen one so far is here
http://www.houstonsengineservice.com...e7bad0d42146f8

NOVAROSSI EITHER RACE ONE OR CHASE ONE.
Very well put.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd say if your looking to stay on a budget, I'd look seriously at a Werks B2. I don't know why people say the pipes r expensive, my LHS gets them for 90 bucks and that's cheaper than most brands out there. The B2 has tons of bottom and if geared up a tooth, will hand with anything on a medium track. They break n and tune up great. But if u want a nearly new motor really cheap, I've got a Associated Pro .28 that came n my RC8 that I'll sell cheap. It has about 3/4 gallon on it including break in. Its a great bash motor, it just likes fuel to much to race with