Old 08-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

jam..
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
jam..
you need a properly modified Bonito or Keep-Off 7...... as far as I am concerned they are the holy grail of high output offroad .21`s.......there is nothing else I have ever encountered that perform like these do....expensive but well worth the price of admission....
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Way too much money for me, especially given what I do and how little I race.. Could buy three Blasts(combos..) for that kind of money.. Or two Fires..

Just tested the 086. Better top end and top speed, but not as smooth running as with the 2058. With the 2058 the B5 was definitely smooth and tuned and idled great(once hot). So, 2058 back on the B5, 086 back on the Nosram.. Or maybe see how the Nosram likes the 2058...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Way too much money for me, especially given what I do and how little I race.. Could buy three Blasts(combos..) for that kind of money.. Or two Fires..

Just tested the 086. Better top end and top speed, but not as smooth running as with the 2058. With the 2058 the B5 was definitely smooth and tuned and idled great(once hot). So, 2058 back on the B5, 086 back on the Nosram.. Or maybe see how the Nosram likes the 2058...

You could also look at it from another perspective here... there can be 2 sides to the coin..... You don`t race much and currently own more .21`s then your likely to wear out any time soon....I am not sure exactly why you buy engines, but I can make a guess it is because you love the engines themselves, and playing with something new is probably a huge part of the fun............ So for you its all about the experience, your not racing so often that your wearing engines out and the two for one really does not offer you much practical benefit........If you don't run enough to wear one out, what good does the second one do for you ?.. It will be no more exciting and new then the first one... And when you decide to pull the first one out you will likely not put the second one back into its place..what excitement would that offer, at that point its nothing more then a commodity to you.....It will just give you more lifespan of the first engine you are already bored with.. and you don't race often enough to have any issues with wearing anything out.........For you I don't see any value in buying 2 average engines......... By contrast a modified Bonito is going to cost two times what a stock blast will.......Money you seem to spend already on engines that your likely never going to wear out anyways.....To me the Bonito is going to offer you more value for your dollar, as it is going to deliver a substantially higher level of performance then your going to see with anything you currently own...and based on all your posts you are definitely after strong performance...... I Am going to guess you probably run the same amount of nitro every year no matter how many engines you own or cycle thru..... whether you owned 1 engine or 8 engines you probably run and race the same amount.....The value of the Bonito will show thru every time you run your car...as 2 stock Blasts are not going to give you anywhere near the performance of one single modified Bonito......Day to day that modified Bonito is going to give you tangible value in its superior performance.........even today, 3 years after my first one the Bonito still makes me say wow.......no other .21 I have seen even comes close to the power and intensity of a modified Bonito type engine.....I would even say the modified Bonito is more impressive then any of my modified Picco 28's......halfway down the straight the Bonito will be pulling the front off the ground as it wails in the RPM stratosphere....They are loud as hell too....it will spoil you for all other .21's.....

Last edited by Maximo; 08-09-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

+1

I pitted for a guy with a stock Bonito once, lining up for the final the thing just felt vicious to put it mildly as he blipped the throttle!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys,

anyone have any idea that there is a factory tuned Nosram .21 RS engine?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

The RS engine is an SH-based engine just like the LRP Spec 2 or whatever it's called, probably similar to the Losi 350...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rageworks
Unlike you, I never to kiss any ass to get an answer to my questions.
If I want to know the difference between two engines, I buy them and
find out for myself. I don't rely on others to do my research for me.
So instead of starting these useless threads, buy up every low-buck,
e-bay engine that you can get your hands on and give us your review
on them. If you would looked back into the older Picco based engines
threads a few years, you would have found all the info you wanted to
know about your NEW engine.
Hey, there's a guy on flea-bay selling a N.I.B. O.S. .21 RX-B engine,
ya better snag that one up before someone else does.
so what wrong the RX-B 21 OS engine? I have a wicked os XZB 21 and a Os VZB speed engine and they keep up with the fastest cars on the track Michael
Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

The RS engine is an SH-based engine just like the LRP Spec 2 or whatever it's called, probably similar to the Losi 350...
My NOSRAM RS.21 RR engine WAS a Picco based engine. And it WAS ... A few weeks ago the crank broke... RIP

Last edited by Lille-bror; 09-18-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Ouch...

How much fuel did you have through it?

They're selling off parts on ebay.de....
Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

+25 liters but could be more. Really a great engine with waaaaay too much unliniar power and a fuel hog! :-) Still, it was a perfect back-up engine, because it was bone solid.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

I love the two I've had. If I came across one again for a killer deal like my last one, I'd snap it up.. (and not get it modded..)
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

guys i have couple of RS.21 RR new in box anyone keen?

what is the best pipe for this engine?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

2063 IMO.. 086 on my modded one.. Price?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Herrsavage, are you referring to dynamite 086 pipe?

I have nosram 2076 pipe, will it work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.