Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
I need a clutch, been a while. help anyone? >

I need a clutch, been a while. help anyone?

I need a clutch, been a while. help anyone?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I need a clutch, been a while. help anyone?

Hey guys. its been almost a year since ive been to this site, and 1.5 years since ive driven my RC car!!

I have a mugen MBX5 and I used to have a LRP .28 engine. I sold the LRP a long time ago and recently got a SH .28 fro a friend for like 20$. its kinda old and weak so I decided to upgrade.

the other day I bought a pull start LRP .30 for my 1/8 mugen MBX5.

well its been a year since I was in the RC car game and I am a little rusty!

I need a full clutch set up for the LRP .28 and MBX5 and didnt want to buy the wrong one. could someone here link me to exactly what I will need on amainhobbies? just want to make sure I get the right stuff/kind/size, etc..

I need the clutch bell, bearings, shoes, springs, washers, flywheel, and collet? is there anything else I need?

I have an air filter already from the old engine, and I also bought a JP4 exhaust.

anything else im missing?

thanks!
whatsitallworth is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM
  #2  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

A clutch setup needs a flywheel, springs, shoes and a clutch bell. There are many systems on the market today. I have seen many have great luck with the werks clutch, or m2c clutch. These are both 4 shoe systems. The stock Mugen 3shoe clutch works well too just depends on what you are going to do. The clutch bell goes with the clutch system but I'm pretty sure these 3 systems all take the same ofna style bell which is the same as the stock Mugen bell. And for bearings all I would run is TKO special bearings. Just face the blue seals towards each other and you are good.

Here are some links.

Werks
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

M2C
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

Mugen
CB
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...X6-Clutch-Bell
Flywheel
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...en-Flywheel-X5
Springs
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spring-10mm-3
Shoes
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-Shoe-3

Bearings
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...utch-Bearing-1

Last edited by Frank L; 08-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Frank L is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
  #3  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I have a Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch with 4 shoes 2 flywheels all the springs, nut, and collet..everything you need to run but bearings and clutchbell. I dont use it anymore and i will sell it all to you for $25 shipped. Shoes and springs are brand new
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
  #4  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
A clutch setup needs a flywheel, springs, shoes and a clutch bell. There are many systems on the market today. I have seen many have great luck with the werks clutch, or m2c clutch. These are both 4 shoe systems. The stock Mugen 3shoe clutch works well too just depends on what you are going to do. The clutch bell goes with the clutch system but I'm pretty sure these 3 systems all take the same ofna style bell which is the same as the stock Mugen bell. And for bearings all I would run is TKO special bearings. Just face the blue seals towards each other and you are good.

Here are some links.

Werks
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

M2C
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

Mugen
CB
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...X6-Clutch-Bell
Flywheel
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...en-Flywheel-X5
Springs
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spring-10mm-3
Shoes
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-Shoe-3

Bearings
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...utch-Bearing-1
wow, thats a hell of an answer!! thank you very much!

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I have a Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch with 4 shoes 2 flywheels all the springs, nut, and collet..everything you need to run but bearings and clutchbell. I dont use it anymore and i will sell it all to you for $25 shipped. Shoes and springs are brand new
this seems like the easier route.. cheaper too!

teach me a little about what a turbo sliding clutch is and its sold.

1. will it fit my engine/buggy with any problems?

2. what size of bearings does it take?

3. what kind of shoes does it have?

4. will any size clutch bell fit on it?

thanks!
whatsitallworth is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
  #5  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whatsitallworth View Post
wow, thats a hell of an answer!! thank you very much!



this seems like the easier route.. cheaper too!

teach me a little about what a turbo sliding clutch is and its sold.

1. will it fit my engine/buggy with any problems?

2. what size of bearings does it take?

3. what kind of shoes does it have?

4. will any size clutch bell fit on it?

thanks!
1. yes, it fits pretty much all vehicles
2. bearing size will be determined by your clutchbell. There are no bearings in the clutch.
3. I have the Carbon shoes with mine, you can order different shoes later when they wear out. Included shoes will be good for 2-3 gallons of fuel per set. ( 2 sets included )
4. It will fit any of the Mugen type bells. just dont buy a bell made for Losi, or serpent and you'll be fine.
below is a link to the clutch set up. My offer includes 4 of the springs, 2 flywheels, clutch nut, large spacer shim, and 4 shoes:

http://www.fioroni-usa.com/productsturbosliding.html
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
1. yes, it fits pretty much all vehicles
2. bearing size will be determined by your clutchbell. There are no bearings in the clutch.
3. I have the Carbon shoes with mine, you can order different shoes later when they wear out. Included shoes will be good for 2-3 gallons of fuel per set. ( 2 sets included )
4. It will fit any of the Mugen type bells. just dont buy a bell made for Losi, or serpent and you'll be fine.
below is a link to the clutch set up. My offer includes 4 of the springs, 2 flywheels, clutch nut, large spacer shim, and 4 shoes:

http://www.fioroni-usa.com/productsturbosliding.html
ok that sounds good. 25$ shipped to canada is my offer. paypal?
whatsitallworth is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:38 PM
  #7  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Ouch, international shipping is too much at $25. have to go $30 sorry. If you want you can paypal me and please include your ship to address and a contact phone number. I sent you my paypal address via private message.
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

sold!
whatsitallworth is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.