Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy >

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

whats faster than a ninja for a losi truggy

Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbraddock View Post
hell yeah i haven't ever got that long on a tank! Can your os 25x out run ninjas? I seen a vid. on youtube it was hard to tell by not being there but it looked as fast as the ninja if not faster...it was a clocked version as well
You must be talking about this one? This was my 5th time ever being on a track. But still,even with my limited driving skills/experience you can see the gobbs of usable power that it delivers..
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Regardless if you go b5 or 0s .25, I would talk to Neal at Clockwork racing. He will take care of you, and I love his work on my b5 pro. Lots of power, long run times, and a nice smooth powerband! His work on the os .25 is impressive too.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

1 poor lap on Clocked OS 25

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
1 poor lap on Clocked OS 25

+ YouTube Video
Jeez, I can lean a mill out to get it to make that kind of power too. He was on his lid for 1/2 of a second and that thing was chewbaka starvin. No wonder the vid cut off right as that happened.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by got_nitro View Post
Jeez, I can lean a mill out to get it to make that kind of power too. He was on his lid for 1/2 of a second and that thing was chewbaka starvin. No wonder the vid cut off right as that happened.
it ran out of fuel ! then it died.......should I have kept video running of the truggy being retrieved ? FYI leaning a engine doesn't make power, in fact they lose power if they go lean..........If you can make a lean engine make that kind of power then you know something I do not !

Last edited by Maximo; 06-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

it ran out of fuel ! then it died.......should I have kept video running of the truggy being retrieved ? FYI leaning a engine doesn't make power, in fact they lose power if they go lean..........If you can make a lean engine make that kind of power then you know something I do not !
Leaning a engine out does not make more power? Yeah they dont last as long and heat up to stupid temps but are you telling me if I run a fat tune it makes as much power as a lean tune? After watching it again, that thing was lean even before it ran out of fuel.

Anyway dude, I was not bashing on you. I was just making a statment. When you can make a fat engine run like a raped ape lean engine shoot me a PM. And NO, were talking about a perfect tune here.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Leaning a engine out does not make more power? Yeah they dont last as long and heat up to stupid temps but are you telling me if I run a fat tune it makes as much power as a lean tune? After watching it again, that thing was lean even before it ran out of fuel.

Anyway dude, I was not bashing on you. I was just making a statment. When you can make a fat engine run like a raped ape lean engine shoot me a PM. And NO, were talking about a perfect tune here.
A lean engine actually makes less power then a rich engine, ..I have tested both ways many times on the dyno....If that 25 was lean it would be dropping off in power and have nowhere near that kind of top end....... I know to a novice you may think lean makes power, and the leaner you run the more power you make, but that is simply not the case...... these engines need to burn fuel to make power, the more fuel we burn clean, the more power we make.......... Yes I was also noticing a slight drop in power on the jumps on that last lap as my tank was nearly dry and my clunk was bouncing out of the fuel.......Not a lean tune by any means, just poor fuel supply as the tank ran dry

If you can tune a engine lean and make that kind of power please let know LOL ! I know your not knocking me, but if you think running lean makes power then you have much to learn yet !

edit.... I should add that this is a Mugen 6T with a home made clunk in the tank....it works decently, holds wicked tune for 3/4 of the tank, but once the tanks gets near empty we are finding some minor fuel supply issues on the jumps....I am going to try a longer feed line, but if that doesn't work then I will go back to the stock 6T tank setup....

Last edited by Maximo; 06-25-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not trying to dis on u Maxi, but if I was a motor guru I would post a better video then that. All i seen was a bunch of wheel spinning and uncontrollable truck. So all this power was wasted and not being usable.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brandon Black View Post
Not trying to dis on u Maxi, but if a was a motor guru I would post a better video then that. All i seen was a bunch of wheel spinning and uncontrollable truck. So all this power was wasted and not being usable.

the thread starter was wondering if a mod OS 25 would beat a Ninja..........well yes it can ! that is the point of posting the video.....! I have hundreds of videos online of my engines running perfectly, so I have nothing to hide.....I could copy and paste all the perfect video sequences , add in dramatic background music and paint a pretty little perfect picture..or I could just post things as they are and keep things real......The OS 25 is a monster of a engine and i think the video shows that......Yes it was spinning, yes my driving sucked, but it does show how hard a mod 25 can run....

But to make everyone happy, I will go out and shoot a better video of the 25.......

FYI.. I am by no means offended,insulted or worried... it is what it is.....
Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well my point is, That a mod motor for insane power is not going to win races. Driving skills, setups and tires is what will win races 99% of the time.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

A lean engine actually makes less power then a rich engine, ..I have tested both ways many times on the dyno....If that 25 was lean it would be dropping off in power and have nowhere near that kind of top end....... I know to a novice you may think lean makes power, and the leaner you run the more power you make, but that is simply not the case...... these engines need to burn fuel to make power, the more fuel we burn clean, the more power we make.......... Yes I was also noticing a slight drop in power on the jumps on that last lap as my tank was nearly dry and my clunk was bouncing out of the fuel.......Not a lean tune by any means, just poor fuel supply as the tank ran dry

If you can tune a engine lean and make that kind of power please let know LOL ! I know your not knocking me, but if you think running lean makes power then you have much to learn yet !

edit.... I should add that this is a Mugen 6T with a home made clunk in the tank....it works decently, holds wicked tune for 3/4 of the tank, but once the tanks gets near empty we are finding some minor fuel supply issues on the jumps....I am going to try a longer feed line, but if that doesn't work then I will go back to the stock 6T tank setup....

Yeah, insinuating that I'm a novice I guess you won. But you still avoided (as usual, just like in other threads where you are asked a direct or indirect question) what I was asking/saying. When you can make a fat engine run as fast as a lean engine let me know. We both know it's not great for them either way but I wont be waiting holding my breath turning blue.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's not lean, trust me i have one. I agree the video doesn't do it justice. I believe Neal was running with stock gearing also. I went up 1 tooth on bell. It's a great truggy engine when running on a track with bite. Cut them some slack, it's the 1st track they've had to run on that wasn't a half days drive in one direction. It'll get tightened up. I have 4 of Neals engines, they run!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, insinuating that I'm a novice I guess you won. But you still avoided (as usual, just like in other threads where you are asked a direct or indirect question) what I was asking/saying. When you can make a fat engine run as fast as a lean engine let me know. We both know it's not great for them either way but I wont be waiting holding my breath turning blue.

If an engine goes to lean they fall flat and bog out...... I am willing to shoot a video to show this if it is needed........You can't make power by starving an engine for fuel........ On the dyno I usually start with the needles very rich, then each pass I dial in the mixture... you can see on the graphs a very progressive rise in power as the mixture approaches ideal, however once you go past ideal on the lean side the power drops off very fast......You lose power much more rapidly being lean then you do being rich....If my OS 25 was lean, it would stumble and be unable to ring out on top end, it would sound flat and start to detonate at the end of the straight.........
Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Well my point is, That a mod motor for insane power is not going to win races. Driving skills, setups and tires is what will win races 99% of the time.

So true..

I always liked this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvaCEEFRuW8

Dude is fast as hell... With a stock Ninja...
Old 06-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

I agree...the track had not been watered, and the wind had blown all the marbles all over the surface...the mod OS25 was overkill for the conditions and was challenging to drive.....I ended up pulling the .25 and running the much tamer modified Argus engine........... However the OP is asking what is faster then a Ninja , and well a mod OS 25 is much faster and much more powerful then a Ninja....whether the track and conditions warrant a mod OS 25 is a entirely different question.... Everyone wants to give their 2 cents, but nobody is listening to this guy and answering his basic question...... If he's after a faster engine for a truggy, then good luck beating out a mod OS 25....Maybe it wont give you faster lap times ( depending on track of course ), but without question the mod OS 25 has more power and more RPM then a stock Ninja ! If the guy had asked what engine will be the easiest to drive and give him the most consistent lap times then maybe all your suggestions would make sense, but he didn't ...he asked plain and simply what is faster then a Ninja...... My video clip was just that, a clip of me being a hooligan with a mod OS 25....... I may not have been cutting any fast laps, but I was smiling ear to ear !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.