Dynamite xp v2 questions

Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 AM
EJF
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Dynamite xp v2 questions

I am looking for more bottom end from my dynamite engine. Running byrons 30% Os p3. Plug in an mbx6 with stock clutch. I am running a dynamite 053 pipe. Would a losi 007 pipe help with bottom end or go with a re10?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you have the RE10 already, give that a try; it will give a bit more snap on the bottom end compared to your Dynamite 053. However, you could go with a Dynamite 007; you can get just the 007 pipe for around $30, and use the header from your 053. The Losi/Dynamite 007 are geared more towards bottom end as well, yes.

I'm currently running the Orion 2013 on my XP V2 and XPE, I personally have found that pipe to be the best overall fit for my driving & those engines.

If you want to try something completely different, Dynamite has a 2081 pipe out now, which is identical to the Alpha 2081. I have that on my 8T 2.0 with the .24XP, and i'm pretty sure it could pull a trailer - it has very good bottom end power, yet still has good top end as well. You can get that right now for around $50.

Last edited by Lars Johnson; 06-17-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

that 053 pipe should be doing great in the torque dept....

I say use another plug, that os plug is really thin. I would use a 87t or 97t plug.. And make sure the clutch springs didn't get too hot, they will get soft after a while....

I would use new1.0 springs, and new clutch shoes...and go over the inside of the clutch bell with a dremel sanding drum to clean it well and give it a nice clean and flat surface....

Other than that make sure your servo is fast for throttle, If it's .15 or slower a new throttle servo may help. Like the .09 speed savox high speed. It's fassst. and check to make sure ur carb is opening all the way, and try a bigger restrictor on it, why not...It may help...

and try removing one thin head shim to increase compression....

and put the high speed needle back to flush and retune the bottom end and idle, then slowly lean the top end until it is fast, and then lean the bottom end just enough to give it more torque, and drop the idle just a bit....that will help more than a pipe change. that pipe is a good one for torque.....if you have room you could try a slightly longer header.....
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

the p3 should be fine I myself would go to a four shoe clutch such as the ascendency style. not a fan of any three shoe. we run ours with a hot plug and the 2013 or a losi re10 for good bottom but the 53 dynamite works well too just doesnt get as good fuel mileage.