Wiki Posts
Search

B5 vs b6...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default B5 vs b6...

Hey guys, so I WAS a fanboy of novarossi till I got my Werks b5, all I can say is wow on the b5, however now I'm thinking should I get the b6 or stick with the phenomenal power the b5 makes on bottom, Iv been running my b5 in truggy with the 2013 n it feels good but I used it in buggy n just couldn't believe how perfect it felt, bottom end feels exactly like what Iv been for so long so u can see where my confusion comes from in this decision. I don't no if the b6 will be better or not for me, also should the pro versions be much better cause If they are I'll buy them money is 0 issue when it comes to the engine I use, as anyone knows u get what u pay for so I want the best from WERKS, if anyone wants to chime in n just have a convo I really wanna get this figured out so I no what to order based off your opinions, honestly the b5 feels like n Orion 24 I use to run, just pure amazing.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well dang....

It sounds like you really like the b5, that's awesome. Nothing better than racing an engine and going home feeling like dang man that's the bomb....

That new pro b5 looks sick. Sick like dang, wow....Get one of those.

If you can handle the extra torque I say get another one, just splurge on the pimped version...Why not. Nothing like having two similar engines so you get faster because you are used to it and know what to expect....

they should call it the B5 pimped edition.....
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by merdith6
It sounds like you really like the b5, that's awesome. Nothing better than racing an engine and going home feeling like dang man that's the bomb....

That new pro b5 looks sick. Sick like dang, wow....Get one of those.

If you can handle the extra torque I say get another one, just splurge on the pimped version...Why not. Nothing like having two similar engines so you get faster because you are used to it and know what to expect....

they should call it the B5 pimped edition.....
Lol, Tony u should try one they are fricken awesome engines, cheap n fast n the tuning is a breeze! Pipes are cheap n they get great fuel mileage. Iv just heard b6 so many times that I'm kinda second guessing if they're better then the b5, I just heard that the b5 pro has been sent to me already on Tuesday so when I'm home I'm gonna rip it open n pit her in to start getting her broken in. How's everything with u Tony ??
Old 06-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

B5/2013 in truggy, B5 or B6/2058 in buggy. My Clockwork B5's are killer.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its simple...

B5/2013 in truggy...

B6/2013 in buggy...

The B6 is slightly smoother on bottom than the B5 and you will also get about an extra minute of runtime in a buggy with the B6. I tried a B5 in buggy and its just a little much unless there is traction for DAYS!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Black
Its simple...

B5/2013 in truggy...

B6/2013 in buggy...

The B6 is slightly smoother on bottom than the B5 and you will also get about an extra minute of runtime in a buggy with the B6. I tried a B5 in buggy and its just a little much unless there is traction for DAYS!!!!
or the b5 with 2058 for buggy
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

So I got the engine yesterday n broke her in, 3 tanks on the box at 210 then put her on the track for 2 tanks of rolling around to a decent tune where I started hitting jumps n getting her up to temp, I brang her in at 180-210 getting the tune right, after that I did half tank of running her kinda fat on top n n hour or 2 fat from race tune on bottom, at these setting (on a very big backyard track that i drive at alot) were enough to make more power over my stock b5 on top end, I no this because we have a very tricky triple step up at the end of our strait that kinda turns left before the left n u jump while turning going up hill to a landing and basically the b5 is a 'if your lucky u can sometimes get it' kinda feeling when I do it. with this engine comes a completely new feel, it's so smooth and crisp and makes it just plain out easy to do this jump now, it was putting down traction n then right when u start turning n hitting the lip all I'd do is pull the trigger all way n it would be more then enough smooth power to just send me all the way over the landing way up top. I'll have to get a pic soon of this jump. When bring it in it would temp nice around 200 ranging up or down how I drove it. and it idles so smooth each time.

oh and the carb neck is trick (way to 1 up it from the new carbs the stock b5s got I thought those were sick) for no one who's seen these, there's like a liner of soft teflon that goes around the neck n then makes a little seal at the top to eliminates any space between the neck n the body of the carb so basically no more pushing down n tightening, trick! All in all this engine is a badass piece of werk, the engine does have a noticeable difference for me and it's what Iv wanted, in a gallon this engine is gonna have some gnarly power, I really hope it keeps running good.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Put a race tune in about half gallon mark, no worries, so you can really see the beast comes out.lol. You won't be disappointed. GL
Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm glad you like the B6. Keep an eye out on the B6 thread, always good info there. Also the B6 is easier to drive because the B5 is so ridiculous on the bottom, wheel spin all the time in a buggy.