Nitro engine help

Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nitro engine help

Engine Os max vspec vzb
Factory needle settings
p4 plug
new lines tank etc
Original problem was that the engine would not idle without the tires moving clutch needs to be replaced fixed.Second issue now it wont start at all.
Primed the engine then start it up will fire up then cut right out.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by genoxite View Post
Engine Os max vspec vzb
Factory needle settings
p4 plug
new lines tank etc
Original problem was that the engine would not idle without the tires moving clutch needs to be replaced fixed.Second issue now it wont start at all.
Primed the engine then start it up will fire up then cut right out.
1) If the engine has been run-in, then factory needle settings are likely way to rich to run. Lean it it out a little until it will run, then warm it up, and tune it.
2) Why are you using a P4 plug?? This is not the reason why it's not running, just interested. A colder (colder than P3) plug such as the P4 will not idle as well as a P3.
3) If the engine has not been run in, get a P3 plug, and follow a run-in procedure, using a hot air gun, and take it easy.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

keep reving it to get some heat in it and keep it running, then turn up idle gap so it stays running and start tune. should be flush on lsn, set idle to stay consistent then lean hsn to track.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

I use between a p3 and p4 plug p4 seems to work really well at the tracks p3 was better for break in.Should i just adjust the hsn till itl run then go from there?Thats what i was trying to adjust and no result what would a good starting point turns out so i have some bearings here.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

bump anyone know a good starting point for needles.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

High speed race tuned will vary obviously but, 2 turns in from flush on the top will be ball park and bottom around 1/2 to 1 turn in from flush, This is rough but tune the HSN first then got back to the LSN. Make sure your idle gap is ser correct before tuning. .6 to .7mm approx is fine.

Hope this helps,

Lance
RcRenew
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
High speed race tuned will vary obviously but, 2 turns in from flush on the top will be ball park and bottom around 1/2 to 1 turn in from flush, This is rough but tune the HSN first then got back to the LSN. Make sure your idle gap is ser correct before tuning. .6 to .7mm approx is fine.

Hope this helps,

Lance
RcRenew
helped alot got it going again runs awsome but i think either the clutch is done for or i have to adjust my low end because the tires will spin when it should idle doesnt cut out when i hold the tires thou
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

read the "break in bible" or the "tuning bible" posted on top of this section.. all your answers will be in there.. jeremy