Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
How To: Clean Your Air Filter and Make a Pre-Filter >

How To: Clean Your Air Filter and Make a Pre-Filter

How To: Clean Your Air Filter and Make a Pre-Filter

Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default How To: Clean Your Air Filter and Make a Pre-Filter

Hey guys I made a video on how to create your own pre-filter and also how i clean my air filters for my nitro r/c truck. Yes I know most of you races have used this technique and I just wanted to create a video on how to do it and where you can get the supplies from ! Please leave comments and subscribe to my channel...i will be doing some more videos soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxdeJdaIjGo
Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Wow that filter needs to be tossed. If that's what you call clean I would hate to see your dirty one.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Wow that filter needs to be tossed. If that's what you call clean I would hate to see your dirty one.
+1
Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

a for effort
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

New filter $2-$3, New engine $200-$300 hhhhmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Wow ..I don't think my filters that dirty after a day at the track
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Man give the guy a break he spent time posting a informative video probably since another thread has the same subject without the visual people were asking questions.

Good Job
Old 06-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Haha, you guys think I'm some noob when it comes to r/c engines and cleaning them...i didn't do an in depth video, and I know that! It isnt rocket science to learn how to clean a nitro air-cleaner ! And i know that if my engine isnt clean, that the dirt from the air filter will slip into the engine causing the dirt and rocks into the piston, scratching both the sleeve and the piston making the engine BLOWN... =/ Jeez guys, just trying to help out the new people the nitro engines...maybe I should make a new in-depth video on how to properly clean your nitro air filter and how to make a pre-filter using good ole vetwrap? Does that sound good?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Exactly...lol :P I like Mugen, I wish i had enough money to buy a MBX5 or MBX6...are the MBX5 discontinued? Im going to assume so because of the MBX6 is out now...I havent been keeping up with the r/c stuff as much as I would like to...not so much fun reading things that you dont have the money for haha!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldn't even worry about a stained filter I have a couple that I run on my son's r/c that are stained that bad and they breathe just fine they are good to go. I never knew about using vet wrap but that looks like a great product to use. I also use K&N air filter cleaner and oil on all of my filters and it works great and have alot of it (been using the same package for over a year and plenty of it left for this season +) and it's cheaper for the cleaner and the oil package at between 10-14 dollars and never had a problem with my filters ever using it and saved alot of money over buying the r/c specific air filter oil.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madac View Post
I wouldn't even worry about a stained filter I have a couple that I run on my son's r/c that are stained that bad and they breathe just fine they are good to go. I never knew about using vet wrap but that looks like a great product to use. I also use K&N air filter cleaner and oil on all of my filters and it works great and have alot of it (been using the same package for over a year and plenty of it left for this season +) and it's cheaper for the cleaner and the oil package at between 10-14 dollars and never had a problem with my filters ever using it and saved alot of money over buying the r/c specific air filter oil.
Maybe K&N makes a oil for foam filters, but I've only seen their oil and kits for their automotive paper filters. They state "Specially formulated to work in combination with the cotton fabric in K&N air filter elements providing a superior air filtration system". This type of oil is not sticky enough. Motorcycle stores sell foam filter oil fairly reasonable.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ilter-Oil.aspx
Old 06-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I agree

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Man give the guy a break he spent time posting a informative video probably since another thread has the same subject without the visual people were asking questions.

Good Job
What a bunch of haters.....
Old 06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Like they say in the music biz,
"If you have quite a few followers but you have haters, your doing something right."
Old 06-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Haha yeah, wise words Lucum...thanks for that ! If you guys make helpful nitro videos please share them on here I would love to see what you guys got going on too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service