• 1 Post By Roelof

Novarossi backplate

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Novarossi backplate

Hi guys couple questions

1. I heard a pull start novarossi .28-8 cant convert to a backplate? This doesn't seem possible to me. Are there some Nova .28s that cant convert from a pull start or roto start to a back plate?

2. What is the Novarossi backplate part no. for a Rex .28-8? Are the 28-8 backplates the same whether its a Rex or regular brand Nova? I have a Roma, wonder if that backplate would fit?

thanks
Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 PM
Tech Lord

The existence of Novarossi .28 models w/o a pull starter proves it is possible. In the past I have made a .28 backplate.

Basically all Novarossi crankcases and so all backplates are the same, If you have a crank case with a 25.8 bearing you can get the backplate of a .21 engine, 2 things you have to do. enlarge the flat spot that makes space for the piston because the larger diameter of it and you have to grind off the pull start pin from the crankshaft
Old 08-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
The existence of Novarossi .28 models w/o a pull starter proves it is possible. In the past I have made a .28 backplate.

Basically all Novarossi crankcases and so all backplates are the same, If you have a crank case with a 25.8 bearing you can get the backplate of a .21 engine, 2 things you have to do. enlarge the flat spot that makes space for the piston because the larger diameter of it and you have to grind off the pull start pin from the crankshaft
Well that isn't that simple. It would be easy to assume that which was my first idea but that's why I ended up asking. I wasn't sure if all 28 were the same spec case and surely wouldnt be going out and buying 1 only to come to find that a backplate wont fit
Old 08-16-2022, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

The problem is that Novarossi has not produced in the last 2~3 years and now a new company has started but no .28 engines.The market with old Novarossi parts has become rare....

I made this for a goy:

sn47som1 likes this.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Very nice I love it. Can flow mods add some power or does power just come from timing?
Old 08-16-2022, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

I have written many posts about modding, flowing, polishing etc......

But OK, flow work will make an engine smoother and faster throttle responsive but not really extra power although the improvement may feel like it
Old 09-08-2022, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
I have written many posts about modding, flowing, polishing etc......

But OK, flow work will make an engine smoother and faster throttle responsive but not really extra power although the improvement may feel like it
Oh ok,
but I probably haven't seen those posts you speak of, but thanks its nice to learn new things. In my experience flow mods (actually was a "drag mod" from AMR) felt like less power but very smooth. I dont like it. The flow mod is there for sure but he may have forgotten the drag mod! haha i kid but it def feels that way.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:42 AM
Tech Lord

AMR does more than only flow mods.....