O'Donnell plugs on sale

Reply

Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
  #16  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (55)
 
jpalessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Thanks for the heads up JP
No problem.
jpalessi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,180
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLHX1550 View Post
The OD97T is pretty much the best fit for most .21 and larger Turbo applications.

If running 30% or more Nitro, you can switch to the 87T, which was new last year, supposed to be for "high nitro content", but I have used both and can find no measurabl difference

I am actually on the Hobbico Team, and have been told the Z01 is going to be built directly and distributed by O'donnell themselves, but Hobbico has all intensions on carrying the part numbers and products that O'donnell makes.
That is correct. Steve O. is going the same direction as Kyosho, and will be distributing the product line in-house. I'm not sure how the misc. other items (parts, plugs, apparel, etc...) will be handled.
Stubbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
  #18  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,555
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

I haven't had any issues with odonnell plugs in my novarossi engines, odonnell uses the same design as novarossi, could be why
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 AM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (55)
 
jpalessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
I haven't had any issues with odonnell plugs in my novarossi engines, odonnell uses the same design as novarossi, could be why
look at the picture. take notice to the threads.

Last edited by jpalessi; 03-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.
jpalessi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,999
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

What's the average life span if a od97? I've been running them and seem to only get a day out of one. As soon as I feel like im having to mess with my tune, I pull it and it barly glows. I have never had a flame out and I don't really run my motor rich at all.
AlanHall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
What's the average life span if a od97? I've been running them and seem to only get a day out of one. As soon as I feel like im having to mess with my tune, I pull it and it barly glows. I have never had a flame out and I don't really run my motor rich at all.
i can go a few races with them. 87T dont seem to last as long as 97T.... also if you stop your engine by plugging the exhaust, it seems to pop them more often, seen people burning them and thats how they stop theirs, i always stop mine with the flywheel.
jmaxey51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
  #22  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,555
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i can go a few races with them. 87T dont seem to last as long as 97T.... also if you stop your engine by plugging the exhaust, it seems to pop them more often, seen people burning them and thats how they stop theirs, i always stop mine with the flywheel.
1/2-3/4 gallon is about the time 97t plugs should be changed if you stop your engine by the flywheel

btw , the plug on the right looks like it just came out of the engine and the one on the left looks as if it has been cleaned just sayin'

on another note , that is exactly what happens when you use the long taper plug after using a short OS style taper in your turbo combustion chamber

Last edited by houston; 03-21-2011 at 11:38 PM.
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,999
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

1/2 gallon. I guess that's about right for what I've been seeing. I thought I got a bit more from a p3
AlanHall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 PM
  #24  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,555
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
1/2 gallon. I guess that's about right for what I've been seeing. I thought I got a bit more from a p3
you can probably get a littl emore fuel through them but why push it


the p3 should last a while , they cost much more and have a much smaller orifice surrounding the filament
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:06 AM
  #25  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Sein's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ewa Beach, HI
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Man I am just lucky, I have had 2 gallons on my current 97t and it still glows bright red when I put the igniter on it. I'm gonna run it till it goes out; or till it starts to get dim when I check it at the end of each day I run.

Last edited by Sein; 03-22-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Sein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 AM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,999
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
you can probably get a littl emore fuel through them but why push it


the p3 should last a while , they cost much more and have a much smaller orifice surrounding the filament
Is having the smaller orifice a bad thing? They are I think $2-3 more than the 97 at the lbs. But I can't recall the life I saw.. would of been well into my 2nd gallon including my break in time. That was the 1st plug I used and then tried the 97. I thought about Trying the o2 again to see if it effects run time or performance now that I got a good feel for my engine
AlanHall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
  #27  
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

The OD 77T I used during break in on my HPI engine, are still in great shape. +1 gallon until now.
Lille-bror is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
Is having the smaller orifice a bad thing? They are I think $2-3 more than the 97 at the lbs. But I can't recall the life I saw.. would of been well into my 2nd gallon including my break in time. That was the 1st plug I used and then tried the 97. I thought about Trying the o2 again to see if it effects run time or performance now that I got a good feel for my engine
i had issues with OS P3 breaking the coils after about half gallon...or just didnt last as long as 97T, and plus i have better power with the colder plug. but the P4, ive had zero issues and still use that plug in my back up engine, 1-2 gallon old P4 in it now.
jmaxey51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM
  #29  
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

Just got my 77t plugs from Tower. They are 100% identical with the 77t plugs I bought last year from Amain. Fits e.g. a Novarossi head perfectly
Lille-bror is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
  #30  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
phaqu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Just made my order!
phaqu22 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service