R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Trying something different (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/492607-trying-something-different.html)

ExaltedRuler 03-15-2011 02:22 PM

Trying something different

Hey People

I am the head of my lodge, we have a lot of property and I wanted to try a Off Road Obstical time race, one person at a time will run the course the best top three times would place for prizes, I am trying this as a fundraiser for our Veteran's committee, I know this is new, what do you think. I was thinking of a $20.00 entry fee and a $2.00PP spectator fee, Veteran's would be free, the money raised would go towards other events for our Veteran's

would like some feed back

boomgagem 03-15-2011 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ExaltedRuler (Post 8806724)
Hey People

I am the head of my lodge, we have a lot of property and I wanted to try a Off Road Obstical time race, one person at a time will run the course the best top three times would place for prizes, I am trying this as a fundraiser for our Veteran's committee, I know this is new, what do you think. I was thinking of a $20.00 entry fee and a $2.00PP spectator fee, Veteran's would be free, the money raised would go towards other events for our Veteran's

would like some feed back

Sounds like a good idea from what little info you posted.

Are you thinking of using 1 car for everyone to make a lap with? Or is everyone going to have their own vehicle? 20 bucks an entry is a little steep for just 1 or 2 laps. But if it's for charity and you're supplying the vehicle then it might work

ExaltedRuler 03-15-2011 03:14 PM

I was planing on each person bringing their own car, half the entry fee would go towards the prize $250.00 for 1st, $150.00 for 2nd and $100.00 for 3rd this is based on 50 entry it will go up the more we get, I don't know if i should limite to one class, I heard that the one tenth size is the most popular, but I don't know a hobby place here in NJ suggested I go on here to get ideas, it is for the Vet.'s the money will go to the other events we plan for Vet.'s, so any and all suggestions and ideas are greatly appriciated

Thanks

boomgagem 03-15-2011 10:02 PM

I would just run a normal offroad race with 2 quals and a 10-20 minute main. Maybe go to some of the other tracks and see how they do it.

I wouldn't do the 1 lap whichever is fastest thing. I don't think people will like to just run 1 lap. First thing I would do is get with the people that are in the area and find out what class is the most popular and will give you the best turnout.

Is the track already built yet? If not thats good because you can build it to suit whatever scale/class is most popular.

Good luck man, sounds like a great idea and for a good cause.

Bugman 03-16-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by ExaltedRuler (Post 8806976)
I was planing on each person bringing their own car, half the entry fee would go towards the prize $250.00 for 1st, $150.00 for 2nd and $100.00 for 3rd this is based on 50 entry it will go up the more we get, I don't know if i should limite to one class, I heard that the one tenth size is the most popular, but I don't know a hobby place here in NJ suggested I go on here to get ideas, it is for the Vet.'s the money will go to the other events we plan for Vet.'s, so any and all suggestions and ideas are greatly appriciated

Thanks

That is a great idea I live in jersey and there are only a few track,s here. I suggest going on the racing forum section and put your post in Family Hobbies Raceway. Ron is the owner of the track he also has a hobby shop im sure someone there would steer you in the right direction. :)

ExaltedRuler 03-17-2011 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by boomgagem (Post 8809355)
I would just run a normal offroad race with 2 quals and a 10-20 minute main. Maybe go to some of the other tracks and see how they do it.

I wouldn't do the 1 lap whichever is fastest thing. I don't think people will like to just run 1 lap. First thing I would do is get with the people that are in the area and find out what class is the most popular and will give you the best turnout.

Is the track already built yet? If not thats good because you can build it to suit whatever scale/class is most popular.

Good luck man, sounds like a great idea and for a good cause.

Thanks Guy