Novarossi Toronero question.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Novarossi Toronero question.

I got a new Novarossi Toronero. And on all 3 races the engine died, at a stead perfec run....
new engine, now on 3rd race
New novarossi 6C plugs on all starts
novarossi Exhaust 9901
Tornado off road fuel
Serpent S811 car
The engine seems to be very whell tuned, clean all the times, good idle, run on the rich side.. when flips over , good idle till marshals help. perfect power all around, refueling at 7 min..., runing not hot
and a suden Quit, Die, at race cruising...
Hapened on all 3 races..
I,m a average to good racer and tuner...
Does anybody has a clue?
I dont use coolers or any device on the pressure line ( everybody does here!)
Novarossi is a very whell Know better than good engine.. multiple wolrd titles.. but Pleople here with japonese engines are doing better than with european engines.
Thanks alot.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Extremier View Post
I got a new Novarossi Toronero. And on all 3 races the engine died, at a stead perfec run....
new engine, now on 3rd race
New novarossi 6C plugs on all starts
novarossi Exhaust 9901
Tornado off road fuel
Serpent S811 car
The engine seems to be very whell tuned, clean all the times, good idle, run on the rich side.. when flips over , good idle till marshals help. perfect power all around, refueling at 7 min..., runing not hot
and a suden Quit, Die, at race cruising...
Hapened on all 3 races..
I,m a average to good racer and tuner...
Does anybody has a clue?
I dont use coolers or any device on the pressure line ( everybody does here!)
Novarossi is a very whell Know better than good engine.. multiple wolrd titles.. but Pleople here with japonese engines are doing better than with european engines.

Thanks alot.
Please try odonnell 97t,retune then let us know
Old 04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all, I have not read all the prier tech pages but I have tried everything I know what to do with one thing left to do. I consider myself a rooky still. I have a Novarossi Toro Nero Team edition nitro engine. That I broke in from box, To break-in engine I added extra shims, came with .80mm I added to 1.20mm when on bench I left my Competition Heat ac Nitro "Engine Heater" temperature kept at 200-210 for about 5 tanks of fuel. The reason behind shimming while brake-in is so con rod is under less stress on-it. I also added extra oil to the 25% of Byrons fuel 1.oz per quart used. The oil added is made by KLOTZ BeNOL this is a racing castor oil blends with methanol fuels. This was use to make the brake in smoother on engine parts plus added lubricant. After running 5 tanks on the stand I install it in Mugen MBX6 buggy at this point I ran in parking lot. With GT tires witch works great to have a more control environment and engine can never starve for fuel. The header is Novarossi 41030 and the pipe is efra-9853. Again temp kept at around 200-230. Between bench run in and parking lot run in I removed from head .20mm shims. After completely 1gl of fuel I remove .10mm at this point I ran in club races only adjusting the top needle. Upon engine flaming out while fuelling I at that point adjusted the low end needle. Ones I had use another 3 quarts I removed the last shim. Know that the unit is at 2 + gallons to it total I flame out if I role or tumble while driving after the engine is up to temp. This weekend while running in The Silver State race I was able to get Adam Drake to tune my engine. Thank You Mr. Drake this motor never had as much power before he did lean the bottom and richen the top. But I flame out any ways after running to temp. I have read in the articles in the Mugen MBX6 and I have replace tank prior twice. Also when the unit flames out tank is usually at or lower, not empty. And again the car has to stumble, even short time upside down. I do not hit the throttle while up side down. Plug is Novarossi 6, Venture is stock 6.5

Can any one help me with this problem?
I posted this in the Novarossi 4C engine post also.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

I ended up raising the idle a bit and keep the bottom end leaner than normal....I feel ur pain though. My toro team got pulled from active duty...I still love other Novarossi engines....and if you ever listen to anything try an odonnell plug...and make sure ur pit guy does not overfill the tank on pit stops....All engines hate that....and don't slam on the throttle coming outa the pits, gently blip the throttle through the first turn.....after that u should be good...

the idle will drop after about 10 munutes of running, so tune ur engine for that time, not the first 3 minutes of driving in practice.

go out during practice, the same time the mains are in the evening, and tune the engine after a gool hard run after the first fuel up and a few minutes after that come in and check the idle.....and bottom end...Try leaning the bottom first, then raise the idle if that doesnt help....