clutch question

Old 03-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)
Default clutch question

I bought two differetn style clutches. I decided to go with the M2c setup. I am gonna run the variable weight flywheel. I am trying to get rid of a boggy btm end. So with that being said I am gonna run it with no weights in it. Should I also run the light or ultralite shoes to help me more with getting rid of the boggy btm?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
I bought two differetn style clutches. I decided to go with the M2c setup. I am gonna run the variable weight flywheel. I am trying to get rid of a boggy btm end. So with that being said I am gonna run it with no weights in it. Should I also run the light or ultralite shoes to help me more with getting rid of the boggy btm?
I run that clutch on truggy. Regular weight medium compound shoes with 1.0 springs is very aggressive. Too much for buggy. I would stick with reg shoes. 1.05 springs made the stall so high it fried the shoes. In buggy i would try 2 .95, 2 .90 springs. It's an aggressive clutch. I only use it for my modified engine in truggy on high bite tracks.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Stop buying engines with soft bottom ends LOL ! J/K

M2C on 1.05 springs...if that doesn't work find another engine as no other clutch will give bottom end like that one does...
Old 03-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

It isn't really a boggy bottom, it is more like a dead spot in the btm end. I am using this in truggy. Neal I knew I would hear the btm end comment from u! lol. This engine has all the top I want, just trying to bring the snap out on the lower end.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

It isn't really a boggy bottom, it is more like a dead spot in the btm end. I am using this in truggy. Neal I knew I would hear the btm end comment from u! lol. This engine has all the top I want, just trying to bring the snap out on the lower end.
LOL ! you know i'm just razzin ya !

But seriously I have the same complaint about the same engine....One answer for you..Clocked B5 ! pull the trigger on this one and you will forget the N word ever existed !

I know you are a Nova guy thru and thru, But I can make you a extremely sweet deal on one of my Clocked B5's..that I personally guarantee will outperform that N-word in every measurable way...bottomg end, midrange, top end and fuel mileage !
Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default That's funny

I hear lots of statements comparing to Novarosi, but rarely hear Novarossi trying to say they are better than another specific brand....There is lots of great engines.....No need to dis Novarossi......

and to answer your clutch question, I endd up using all yellow springs, .90 I think...the springs are stiff on the clutch so the softer ones work good...

I prefer the p5 with 9853ss..In buggy...and the mugen clutch with 1.0 springs....hard shoes...
Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

what Nova engine are you running?? i have used a number of them except the p5xlt... and i have used many clutches except M2C... personal reasons... and the werks clutch medium or light flywheel (depending on track surface)with green springs on carbon shoes and silver on aluminum shoes... is the best i have used in either truggy or buggy...

i run either plus4 C or FMS (i have a stock and a HT version)
Old 03-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I hear lots of statements comparing to Novarosi, but rarely hear Novarossi trying to say they are better than another specific brand....There is lots of great engines.....No need to dis Novarossi......

and to answer your clutch question, I endd up using all yellow springs, .90 I think...the springs are stiff on the clutch so the softer ones work good...

I prefer the p5 with 9853ss..In buggy...and the mugen clutch with 1.0 springs....hard shoes...
aint that the truth
Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I use the Ascendancy 4 shoe. 2 .9 and 2 1.0 springs, aluminum shoes and it works perfect on any of my Nova's. +4,FMS,P5.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
aint that the truth
I knew the floodgates were gonna open on this one, lol.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hambone View Post
I knew the floodgates were gonna open on this one, lol.

hey Rob... sorry i did not call you at motorama... phone shut down and some other stuff happened... i was even to get in contact with marshon for fuel... and didnt... sigh... that was my bad .... wish we had gotten to hang out...

and yes the flood gates are open
Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
hey Rob... sorry i did not call you at motorama... phone shut down and some other stuff happened... i was even to get in contact with marshon for fuel... and didnt... sigh... that was my bad .... wish we had gotten to hang out...

and yes the flood gates are open
I saw you from a distance a few times but they had me busier than a 4 balled tomcat! When i did get over there you were gone.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hambone View Post
I saw you from a distance a few times but they had me busier than a 4 balled tomcat! When i did get over there you were gone.
yeah boy.... it is what it is... next year for sure.....
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

rc cars are cool

i like rc car engines

i like P5XLT i like plus 21-4C team i like fusion X7
Old 03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston View Post
rc cars are cool

i like rc car engines

i like P5XLT i like plus 21-4C team i like fusion X7
really? I would have never guessed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.