Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Whats the best Truggy .28 motor? >

Whats the best Truggy .28 motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best Truggy .28 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
Yeah your right, I don't get to use all the power but man, it sure it fun
AND you get run time like the higher end .21s out there to boot! I say if your happy and its doing its job well "as it obviously is and then some" then that's all that matters.

And trust me its always nice to have that extra power on hand when you need it and know when and where to use it.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Joe Guam, we hope you faired the earthquake ok.
Sorry to break subject.
My family and I are doing better than others. I wish those affected most the best in healing and recovery. Thanks Hambone for your concerns and wishes.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
Sorry to break subject.
My family and I are doing better than others. I wish those affected most the best in healing and recovery. Thanks Hambone for your concerns and wishes.
Dam Joe, we here in SA had 1 minute of silence and dedication at 21h00 for you guys last night. My daughters were in tears. We are all shocked at the scenes on TV and wish you all in the affected areas best of luck and speedy recovery.

Dave and family
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
AND you get run time like the higher end .21s out there to boot! I say if your happy and its doing its job well "as it obviously is and then some" then that's all that matters.

And trust me its always nice to have that extra power on hand when you need it and know when and where to use it.
Exactly!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave1GP
Ok, OK, If been put off .28's for life
However a AB tuned .25 sounds like the real deal. I must say my OS.21 Speed does great in the Truggy, but I just get the feeling it can go faster. There are portions of our local track where I need more torque. If I can get something that has the same mid range and top end, but more low down grunt, I will have mission accomplished.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In regards to RC, I, too, race at the track where Sein races...it's mixup of carpet and loamy dirt, with a lot of 180 deg turns, short run-ups, and small jumps. I have raced both an OS Speed 21 and an OS 28XZ back to back and for that track, I find the 28XZ easier to toss my MBX6T around.

I can probably obtain similar lap times between the two, but I have to try harder with the 21. Don't ask me why--in fact, I expected the opposite when I did the experiment. I did have a heavy flywheel on the 28 to tame the bottom end, so that may have had an effect on my (perceived) results. Also, I have been driving the 28 for months and only tried the 21 that day...again, more practice with the 21 might have had an effect on my findings.

In any case, some of the top drivers at our track use the 28 as well, so I'm not in bad company ;-)

Aloha,
Keoni