Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Engine for my Mugen MBX6-T ???? >

Engine for my Mugen MBX6-T ????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine for my Mugen MBX6-T ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Engine for my Mugen MBX6-T ????

Just bought a Mugen MBX6-T kit. I have to pick an engine, pipe, manifold, wheels, tires, and fail-safe. I would like to start with what engine to buy for my new Truggy.

Any thought for an Engine?

Ninja JX21
Novarossi N21R Limited
Werks B5 21
OS V-spec 21 Turbo
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenSeikiPro
Just bought a Mugen MBX6-T kit. I have to pick an engine, pipe, manifold, wheels, tires, and fail-safe. I would like to start with what engine to buy for my new Truggy.

Any thought for an Engine?

Ninja JX21
Novarossi N21R Limited
Werks B5 21
OS V-spec 21 Turbo
grab a novarossi 21-4t/9901 pipe with 41020 header

Last edited by aussies1129; 02-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

There are more good engines available than you can shake a stick at...

Werks B5, Alpha S852, Argus, Jammin JPX 21 are all great budget engines... Go is also gonna' have a new generation of engines out soon(next month I think..) There really are a TON of good affordable 21's available.

OS 25XZ would be fun too if you want to splurge.

If it was me I would seriously be considering the Alpha .23...

All depends on budget, how seriously you want to race, etc..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ENGINE

The werks B5 is a great truggy engine with the 2013 pipe. Lots of power, great mileage. The Nova p5xlt engine is also a great truggy engine better yet try a Monty Houston tuned P5xlt. Awesome engines for the money.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would stick to a .21 for sure...a .21 is more than enough power for any truggy out there..Too many people think they need more power bigger motor...its just not the case in this racing.. You will never lose a race on the straight-a-way...You need good controllable power with great run-times, easy break-in, and easy to get and hold a tune... Im a little bias running Werks B5's in my buggy truggy but theres a reason Werks Racing produces are all over these forums...GREAT products, GREAT service, GREAT prices....so out of your list there id go Werks B5/2013 or Ninja JX.21/2050... Or Orion Engines are very nice too made by the same factory in Italy as Werks and a few others...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout
You will never lose a race on the straight-a-way...
Depends on where the loop is!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

There is a lot of good engines out there right now, but out of your list the B5 is the ticket with a 2013 pipe. Great engine, hold tune for ever and the customer service is second to none, take a look at the B5 thread, you will see.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Speaking of motors, the Mugen Staff and racers in Japan uses OS 25, Ninja JX21 B01A. Some run the OS 21 V spec but it is not a motor that is prefered. I have ran both because of popularity here in Japan. If you are racing in Mains 9 1/2 minutes plus, either one of the OS 25 and Ninja will make the mark without refueling. I have never reached 12 minutes with either of the two. If any motor cant make 8 minutes with a full tank with a performance tune then it is not a motor I would use for racing. I have used a Picco .28 Drag modded with a 7mm insert and I got 9 minutes on a 120 cc tank.

I say the .28 is to much of power and not enough room for a tight, low traction track; but for a open-medium size, high traction, med-smooth track then the 28.

Most racing tracks are tight-medium in size, with various traction and surface conditions. The 21 are efficient and gets the job done with outstanding results.

The 25 is the inbetween of the .21 and .28 with the same results as the .21. Alot of people ussually pits between 1-2 laps of each other and always end with some to minimal fuel left in their tanks. Unless you are running a 45 minute main the fuel economy are obvious. If you spend more than 10 seconds in the pit to REFUEL, fire your pit crew or practice with them more.

Just my take and two cents.