Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Losi Stock 454 Tuning/Temp Question >

Losi Stock 454 Tuning/Temp Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Stock 454 Tuning/Temp Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Losi Stock 454 Tuning/Temp Question

Okay, so I got a Losi 8T 2.0 RTR with the 454 engine in it and I set it to the stock settings (2.5 turns out on each) and took it to my local track today for some test laps.

The temp has from 270-300, which seems very high. I tried to richen out the high needle and it didn't seem to help and I ended up losing power. Should I have also been tweaking the low needle?

I plan on looking at the tuning bible, but I was curious if there was something obvious I was doing wrong.

Also, I am in FL and it was about 78 today and I am running 30% nitro in it.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Is it properly broken in yet?
Has it got at least one gallon through it?

If the answer is NO to any of the above you have to richen the LSN a bit and wait for the engine to "let go" or "drop the balls". Then you can tune it leaner.
If the engine is not broken in yet it will produce more heat and therefor need to be run more rich to cool and lubricate.