help on nitro traxxas promblem

Old 01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default help on nitro traxxas promblem

i got this motor tuned right and everythang running good it will ride around perfect as long as u dont give it alot of throttle but when u hammer it it takes off then it kills it self like its not getting gas it has these things
aftermarket pipe
.15 trx motor
and ez start
plz help and pm me with ur answers because i cant find my posts after i post them
Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljoker1994 View Post
i got this motor tuned right and everythang running good it will ride around perfect as long as u dont give it alot of throttle but when u hammer it it takes off then it kills it self like its not getting gas it has these things
aftermarket pipe
.15 trx motor
and ez start
plz help and pm me with ur answers because i cant find my posts after i post them
If these are the symptoms then its not tuned right. Sounds like the hsn needs to come some and when you do that the lsn will need to be tightened a tad. Basically its not getting enough fuel at high speed and the hsn is what controls the fuel flow at full throttle.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

It's smply to lean. If she bogs when alot of throttle is given, screw the high speed needle counter-clockwise 1/4 turn at a time till she runs good.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

it doesnt bog and srry man not alot into nitro i do electric racing so what exactly are the hsn and the lsn?? another promblem i seen was when cranking it the motor wont suck the gas you have to manually do it thx austin
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

it doesnt bog and srry man not alot into nitro i do electric racing so what exactly are the hsn and the lsn?? another promblem i seen was when cranking it the motor wont suck the gas you have to manually do it thx austin
How can you have it tuned right when you don't recognize the HSN and LSN? Suggest you do some reading.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ing-bible.html
Old 01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default correction!!!!

srry bout tht post i had my friend put it up earlier but the guy i got it from said it was tuned right thats what the post was suppose to say

ok i know what thy are thy just have different names then wat im used to i can take the engin apart and build it back up i know all the parts just need help on y its doing this i already adjusted the fuel flow and all that i can mess with the carb all day just like i do on my race quads it it will idle perfect and go slow around the yard perfect and what do you mean its running lean?? what are they mixed with or wats the best nitro to run
Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

bump
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

srry bout tht post i had my friend put it up earlier but the guy i got it from said it was tuned right thats what the post was suppose to say

ok i know what thy are thy just have different names then wat im used to i can take the engin apart and build it back up i know all the parts just need help on y its doing this i already adjusted the fuel flow and all that i can mess with the carb all day just like i do on my race quads it it will idle perfect and go slow around the yard perfect and what do you mean its running lean?? what are they mixed with or wats the best nitro to run
You are describing a lean bog. As it revs up to higher RPM it's chewing up all the fuel in the crank case then dieing out. Your High speed needle (HSN) is too lean, you need to turn it "OUT" just a tad each time until it will go to WOT (wide open throttle) without dieing.

Factory settings on that mill are 1-1/2 out on the LSN (low speed needle) and 4 out on the HSN (high speed needle) with a credit card IDLE gap. Idle gap is when you look down the carb throat with the air cleaner off you will see your idle gap.

Start there and tune on. If it's cold out side by you, you need a richer tune.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If the outside temps are even 5 degrees different or the humidity has went up or down then the tune will be off. You need to unscrew the hsn to get rid of the lean bog, but once you do that it will cause the idle to drop and it may die out, to compensate you'll need to lean the lsn just a tad. You should really read the guide stickied at the top of this section of the forum, it will give you alot of great info on tuning. It'll take you awhile to get a good feel for tuning, but eventually you'll get it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

im going to try some things and i will get back to u guys with results thnx for the help