OS .21VG motor question

Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default OS .21VG motor question

I have an OS .21vg motor that I got in Losi 8ight that I was planning on converting to electric, but ended up selling the car on here and the buyer purchased it as a roller . I was told that the motor had around 2 gallons through it and that it still ran very well. I personally have never ran the motor, but have stored it with after run oil. It has a Jammin JP-3 pipe and losi 4 shoe clutch. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could maybe determine the condition of the motor or how to list it for sale since I don't know for sure that It will run. I'm also not really sure what to ask for it. Kind of a noobie question here, but I have been out of nitro for a while and just want everyones opinions before I list it for sale. Thanks for the help.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default os

i would say pull the plug look down inside and see how the top of the piston looks. also how does the compresion feel? pm me what you find and a asking price.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

take the pipe off.. (with glow plug installed) and hold the flywheel and see if the pinch, holds the weight of the motor from gravity letting it fall.. this gives you a idea of the condition of how the compression and pinch is in.

then, with the pipe on.. or before you check pinch, use your ear, and with plug still installed, turn the motor over by hand, and listen to the "pop" of compression..

those 2 things will give you a pretty good idea of what kind of condition that motor is in.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

The motor does make a definite pop when you turn it over. It would also hold itself upright when I held it by the flywheel. I attached a pic to show you how I held it, hopefully I was doing it right.

Sorry for the noobie questions, I just want to be able to list this item honestly and give a correct description when I list it for sale.

[IMG][/IMG]