An RB racing motor

Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? An RB racing motor

Hello everyone, I recently bought an old buggy that came with two of the S7 Europa motors and I was running yesterday and my clutch bell housing fell off well dang near it butit seems that I lost the screw that holds it in and I think a bearing but not sure I looked on RB website and cant find nothing about the clutch. I am not sure what kind of clutch or anything. So I am hoping someone on here can give me some direction as to where I an find the info. Or if someone has the info or If you need more info from me just let me know. Thanks everyone. I hope someone can help me.

Schuyler
Attached Thumbnails An RB racing motor-abby-295.jpg   An RB racing motor-abby-294.jpg   An RB racing motor-abby-292.jpg   An RB racing motor-abby-297.jpg  

Last edited by calrosse; 01-04-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What chassis/buggy is it?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Failedabortion View Post
What chassis/buggy is it?

It is a Kyosho Inferno MP6........
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Yep.

RB doesn´t make clutches. Unless the cranckshaft is worn out, your problem has someting to do with the cars clutch.¨
Allways use threadlock on the clutchscrew

Cheers
Old 01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
Yep.

RB doesn´t make clutches. Unless the cranckshaft is worn out, your problem has someting to do with the cars clutch.¨
Allways use threadlock on the clutchscrew

Cheers

Well it was loose andI tightened it but if you look at my pics. I got another screw that fits but I am missing something that holds the clutch housing on like another bearing and a washer I don't know. But the clutch housing just slides right off. It is a 15 tooth gear that ia on it. Do you know what brand you use on RB motors?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by calrosse View Post
Hello everyone, I recently bought an old buggy that came with two of the S7 Europa motors and I was running yesterday and my clutch bell housing fell off well dang near it butit seems that I lost the screw that holds it in and I think a bearing but not sure I looked on RB website and cant find nothing about the clutch. I am not sure what kind of clutch or anything. So I am hoping someone on here can give me some direction as to where I an find the info. Or if someone has the info or If you need more info from me just let me know. Thanks everyone. I hope someone can help me.

Schuyler
That clutch looks like some type of spring loaded two shoe type. I'd forget about replacing it with an exact copy. Go modern and get a new flywheel with shoes and a new clutch bell.

It's dangerous to put threadlock on the clutch screw. If the clutch is shimmed correctly and spins free, there is little chance of losing the screw. If you break the screw because it's locked in with thread lock, you're SOL.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You need the outer bearing and shim kit. Replace both bearings in the clutch bell at the same time though.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
It's dangerous to put threadlock on the clutch screw. If the clutch is shimmed correctly and spins free, there is little chance of losing the screw. If you break the screw because it's locked in with thread lock, you're SOL.
We all have different experience with our rc cars. I use the blue thread lock (Loctite) which makes the screw easy to remove. The red thread lock locks the screw to the crankshaft so its close to impossible to remove. Never use that.
And I use a 3mm torx screw, which is much more durable than normal allen screws.

If the screw screws itself out, you most likely ruin the tank, clutchbell and center tooth wheel...
Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yep, just replace both bearings and add shims / washers as needed. If you use thread lock, make sure it is the blue one and only use the tiniest bit.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yep thats it then the outer bearing and some shims. I have been looking for it in my yard since I posted this and can't seem to find it. I guess I will just go to my LHS and see if they have a bearing.

Thanks everyone for responding. It really help with all the info. Thanks again guys.....
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
That clutch looks like some type of spring loaded two shoe type. I'd forget about replacing it with an exact copy. Go modern and get a new flywheel with shoes and a new clutch bell.

Yep it is one of those spring loaded two shoe type. is there anyway to tell what brand it is. I not sure what will fit on an RB motor. But thanks again for the info.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by calrosse View Post
Yep it is one of those spring loaded two shoe type. is there anyway to tell what brand it is. I not sure what will fit on an RB motor. But thanks again for the info.
All motors use the same crank design (SG Shaft) so it doesn't matter what motor you have. What matters is what CAR you have. Most clutches out there should fit it.