Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Why people insist to shoe horn a losi clutch >

Why people insist to shoe horn a losi clutch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why people insist to shoe horn a losi clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I use the m2c clutch and would not use anything else. The shoes last much longer than the losi ones. They have a nice clutch tool and lots of tuning options. Mitch is located close to us in charlotte and a lot of guys use his clutch locally. I love the flywheel that has adjustable weight with set screws.

I'm not sponsored by him, he just has a great product.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

the rc8 3 shoe is way easier than any normal 3 shoe, and probably easier than the losi. i like the way you can take off the nut and the whole thing pops off, shoes and all.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
the rc8 3 shoe is way easier than any normal 3 shoe, and probably easier than the losi. i like the way you can take off the nut and the whole thing pops off, shoes and all.

intresting i like that on the rc8t.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The losi clutch does that. and the RC8T the springs rest on the nut so to get it off you would have to pop the springs and shoes off to get to the nut..... But i would say after using bolth they are bolth easy to work on. I like the extra shoe and spring option the losi has. so my vote is for the 4 shoe.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

I had an rc8b and it's like any normal 3 shoe (springs rest in nut, ie. you have to take the springs off to take the nut off), the only differance is that the part of the spring that contacts the shoe rests on the shoe not in it.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
as much as i like the 4 shoe setup the matenience can get annoying compared to a 3 shoe clutch.
Now now, let's not generalize. Not all 4 shoe clutches require more maintenance... I'd put our clutch up against ANYTHING for performance and longevity of shoes/springs. Guys are getting over 3 gallons on a set of shoes, just ask around. Nate.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up 4 Shoe!!

4 shoe gets my vote, hands down!
Have complete clutch/flywheel assemblies loaded and ready to go!
No need to touch the clutch springs for removal, just remove the clutchbell and clutch nut and the whole thing comes off in one piece.
Doesn`t get much easier than that.
Saves so much time at the bigger race meetings when servicing of an evening also.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoonerNate
Now now, let's not generalize. Not all 4 shoe clutches require more maintenance... I'd put our clutch up against ANYTHING for performance and longevity of shoes/springs. Guys are getting over 3 gallons on a set of shoes, just ask around. Nate.
+1
Old 01-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The new werks clutch is the way to go. Lasts for gallons and you can change the whole clutch out in about 35 seconds.

In fact it takes longer to pull the 4 engine mount screws than it does to service the werks clutch.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
The new werks clutch is the way to go. Lasts for gallons and you can change the whole clutch out in about 35 seconds.

In fact it takes longer to pull the 4 engine mount screws than it does to service the werks clutch.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dishsoap

Love that clutch. Super quality!