R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   Late 2010 best buy on Engines (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/463406-late-2010-best-buy-engines.html)

Nickmind 12-20-2010 05:05 PM

Late 2010 best buy on Engines

Hey all,

I have a couple of hyper buggys, and jammin truggy that im thinking of buying some new engines for. What would you all suggest for a good bashing mill? Not comp racer. But robust bashing mill for around $200 to $300.

I see there are so many more good options these days, compared to the past. What would you all buy? For buggy, and truggy?

Thanks for your time and help,
Nick

AlanHall 12-20-2010 05:47 PM

That's a pretty popular price range for engines. There's alot that fit there. You cab spend half that on the preciritate modded 3 port abs have good power or the preciritate D5 5port and pipe combo for 200 bucks. I personally have the modded 5 port. I think it's about 240. But its ALOT of power...

losiftw 12-20-2010 06:31 PM

werks b5! mine come in the mail today.

bacchus 12-20-2010 07:04 PM

B5 for truggy B6 for buggy.

guss2009 12-20-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by bacchus (Post 8369902)
B5 for truggy B6 for buggy.

The Werks B5 for truggy and B6 buggy are gonna to be Hot engines for 2011. Those are the engine alot of ppl are gonna be running next year. Whether is for racing or bashing. I say grab yourself a less then $229 Werks engine and your going to be happy with it. :nod:

AlanHall 12-20-2010 08:12 PM

Alot like that one

hdcruzer 12-20-2010 08:56 PM

Nickmind, You have a PM......

VWVR6_T 12-20-2010 09:20 PM

I don't know why an advice have to be by PM :lol:, anyway WEKS B5 Truggy and B6 buggy. If you want more info look by yourself at the B5 and B6 thread, enuff said that this mills can perform in any level, be competitive and last. There a few good engines in the market in your rage price just pick the one you like must, bottom line you are the one that makes the engine perform and last.

Nickmind 12-21-2010 11:12 AM

Wow I think that is a pretty clear answer guys. B5 and B6 :) Thanks for that. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Originally Posted by BigAlz (Post 8369503)
That's a pretty popular price range for engines. There's alot that fit there. You cab spend half that on the preciritate modded 3 port abs have good power or the preciritate D5 5port and pipe combo for 200 bucks. I personally have the modded 5 port. I think it's about 240. But its ALOT of power...

Hey bud, were you talking about this engine?

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T (Post 8370588)
I don't know why an advice have to be by PM :lol:, anyway WEKS B5 Truggy and B6 buggy. If you want more info look by yourself at the B5 and B6 thread, enuff said that this mills can perform in any level, be competitive and last. There a few good engines in the market in your rage price just pick the one you like must, bottom line you are the one that makes the engine perform and last.

:) The PM was something else. But i disagree with you on the fact of "you are the one that makes engine perform and last". Ok maybe i agree with that you are the one that makes the engine last. But engine performance is a bigger part of the manufacture's and design group's duties. You can maintain the performance, and mod to gain some. But most of the power and performance is design and manufacturing process. That's why, i'd asked the question. :) And your right, there is a boat load of choices at that range.

Where is the best place to buy Werks engines?

Maximo 12-21-2010 11:31 AM

May I suggest one of my Clockwork Modified B5 or B6 ! very powerful, smooth running and great on fuel !

guss2009 12-21-2010 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Nickmind;
[B]Where is the best place to buy Werks engines?[/[/B]QUOTE]

Amainhobbies and use there discount.

B5 $199.99 - $12.50
B6 $229.99 - $12.50

You cant go wrong choosing Werks engine. :D Someone else might have there code. I dont have them with me.

AlanHall 12-21-2010 11:35 AM

Yepp. That's the one. They also have a modded/balanced 3 port and 5 port. .

Originally Posted by Nickmind (Post 8372858)
Wow I think that is a pretty clear answer guys. B5 and B6 :) Thanks for that. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Hey bud, were you talking about this engine?

:) The PM was something else. But i disagree with you on the fact of "you are the one that makes engine perform and last". Ok maybe i agree with that you are the one that makes the engine last. But engine performance is a bigger part of the manufacture's and design group's duties. You can maintain the performance, and mod to gain some. But most of the power and performance is design and manufacturing process. That's why, i'd asked the question. :) And your right, there is a boat load of choices at that range.

Where is the best place to buy Werks engines?

losiracer78 12-21-2010 11:37 AM

I would say the Werks B5 for truggy and B6 for your buggy In the price range you are looking at hands down.

deadmancourt 12-21-2010 01:19 PM

you know what i would GO for:D

alexrckid 12-21-2010 03:47 PM

for the two last RACE seasons, i've run a stock, 2009 version of the B5....it is absolutely the best .21 that i've ever raced with...in a 2.0-T, in this case. the power curve of this engine matches anything on the tracks that i race on (including nova's, worlds, rb's...etc). it's hard to get pulled on even the longest straight with a well tuned B5...even after two full race seasons, still have tons of compression and idles like a dream..........even went out and picked up a 2010 version as a backup.