Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Late 2010 best buy on Engines >

Late 2010 best buy on Engines

Late 2010 best buy on Engines

Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Stooping to what level ron? I was being serious man.. Good thing you aren't being defensive huh? .
As for my PR. I baught it right from ascendancy.. the place who sells them?? And that's not true what you said anyway. You were going to drop ship me a motor through one of your team guys. But I guess you forgot?? Now let's start stooping.. ..your a goof ball man. I haven't said one dang thing bad about you or your product...all you do in every post is talk about others product then say. " its just a friendly convo" to keep it smoothed out.
I guess I did forget, would you mind telling me who this team driver was that I was going to drop ship you an engine through because I've never drop shipped anything through anyone before? If you don't want to put that on here you can PM me. For the rest you look at things from one perspective and I look at things from another. I call it discussing things, you call it "talking about other peoples products" and then saying "it's just a friendly convo" to keep it smoother out. It's a little difficult to discuss how your product compares to something else without "talking about other peoples products". The thing is that you can either get all bent out of shape about it or if you feel that something that some one said is incorrect, state your counter opinion/facts which is exactly what I did when I felt the statement about our engines working best from 3-6 gallons and the fading out was. It's kinda sad that I should have to continuously try and remind people that we are having "a friendly convo" to keep things from deteriorating because people get so defensive if they hear something that they don't agree with. In any case what we are talking about has nothing to do with this thread so if you would like to continue please feel free to PM me and we can talk that way.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Im not PMIng about anything man. Like you said. Each sees it from a different perspective. And your right. We've all been stating our opinions to. And will continue to do so.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Im not PMIng about anything man. Like you said. Each sees it from a different perspective. And your right. We've all been stating our opinions to. And will continue to do so.
As you should allways do. The unfortunate thing is that if all of us were in person we would have no problems having these type of conversations. It's just too easy to take peoples comments incorrectly on the Internet. In any case I'm off to Applebees for a burger...
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Lol. Your right. The beauty of a forum
Old 12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wow, same old argument, day after day.

Someone mentioned something earlier, but I'll reiterate. The reason Alpha and Werks get some much attention (Good and bad), is because obviously, those 2 are the best engines you can buy for your money.

I have never ran an Alpha, I know a few who do/have and hear no real complaints. I can however attest to how great the B5 is. I just retired mine after winning a local club series with right at 8 gallons on it. I sold it to Guss2009 on rctech, he got it, and loves it. He told me he already put another gallon through it already. I asked him if he don't mind running it until it quits just to see how many gallons it gets.

I never had any problems with that engine. A couple of flame outs during the series, only due to a huge cold front moving through, and drastic humidity changes affected the tune. Worked the needles a little, problem solved, race won ;D

These threads do get old though, again it's the same old argument with normally the same old people. It's really simple, you run what you like and have success with, and I run what I like and have success with. Why would I try and convince you to change when your engine/buggy/tires/pipe/servos/etc do just fine for you??!!!

Nick, you've been a member here for what 5 years? You should have known that a simple search for this topic could have yielded you 10 pages of threads with this same exact argument. I hope you have good luck with whichever engines you buy. I'm certain that if you choose 1 of the several that has been mentioned in this thread, break it in properly, and keep it tuned and maintained correctly, you should have no problems getting 8+ gallons of life from either one.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

all i gots to say is WOW
Old 12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

[QUOTE=boomgagem;8379789]
I have never ran an Alpha, I know a few who do/have and hear no real complaints. I can however attest to how great the B5 is. I just retired mine after winning a local club series with right at 8 gallons on it. I sold it to Guss2009 on rctech, he got it, and loves it. He told me he already put another gallon through it already. I asked him if he don't mind running it until it quits just to see how many gallons it gets. QUOTE]

Yes i bought Boomgagem B5 engine for a friend to run it in the winter, that way he can hold on to his brand new B5 for next season. I can say after all the gallon Boomgagem put in it and my friend is about to finish a gallon on it... The engine is running great. He's gonna run it till the engine needs a pinch or just starts giving him problem. He like the B5 engine and this guy has Nova, Speeds and ninja so he's not new to this. He likes trying out engines. He doesnt believe That b5 engine i got him has 7/8 gallon in it. I dont know if you send it out to get a pinch but it still has alot of power.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

By the way Boomgagem... You sure you had 7/8 gallon in the B5? It doesnt show it.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah I sure did. Ask anyone I race with, they didn't believe it either. I've raced about 10 or so club races, several practice days at my track, and the 2010 AMS race with it. I probably sold about 4 B5's that last series race. No one could believe that it had that much fuel on it, and was dominating the main.

My cousin is running one now, got right at 4 gallons on it, and I can tell it's in the sweet spot now. Maybe we can get 10+ out of it.

Yeah the only way you can tell is the head, it's kinda faded, lol.

EDIT: Search for my user name in the Werks B5 thread. I was referring to the same B5 Guss now has back in April. I know that's not proof, but it's a pretty decent timeline.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Can you teach me how to sell an engine with 7-8 gallons on it?
Even to a fellow team member thats a tough task
Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Nick, you've been a member here for what 5 years? You should have known that a simple search for this topic could have yielded you 10 pages of threads with this same exact argument. I hope you have good luck with whichever engines you buy. I'm certain that if you choose 1 of the several that has been mentioned in this thread, break it in properly, and keep it tuned and maintained correctly, you should have no problems getting 8+ gallons of life from either one.
That is the point i was trying to make for few posts back. I have been in this hobby for over 10 years. But not active. I hate myself everytime for it as well. I will go strong for about 6 months to 18 months. Then drop it like a bad habit for 2 years or so. Every time i come out of retirement, the dam RC world changes on me. Because I have very limited time. I asked quick simple questions, not to start a new thread. But get my questions answered. Sorry if they are noobish in nature, but i didn't even know what the favorites were or the top names in hobby today.

So I would hope people understand some day that you can not expect people to have the knowledge you may have. And thats why we ask the questions. Search? I did. But for what? nitro engine? LOL Thats like searching for "Diamond" on a jewellery site. NO? Oh or, ".21 nitro engine?" = "pretty diamond" LOL

So again I thank you your time and help, and your suggestions.
Nick
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Best = Value

But again guys, i do have to say. My question did say "BEST" but i meant it as equaling in value. VALUE is the key. If every engine went 8+ gallons, then its a no brainer. Get the cheapest one. But that is not the case. So please lets not down play it. Value means, If I spent $800 on werks (remember 3 mills here), or $600 on Go's. And both set of engines give me 8+ gallons and zero issues. Then Go engines have the higher value. But if either side did not hold true (again this is where the real question comes into play, i need to know whats the good, the bad, and the ugly). Then of course the value is lowered on either side.

Even if i posted, "Hey whats the best between 2 and 3 bills?" and someone would reply with "will if you would spent 3.5 or 4 bills" to get a better value for "X" reasons. Then I would have to go back to the drawing board. As i don't agree with Werks number math. He had the best points leading to value. No its not just as simple as "Just buy, and take care of, you will be happy, duh". Again, if i take the numbers from before. I could save $200!!!! Thats big, thats a Netbook for my kids! Or 3 hours at the spa for my wife! Oh, i forgot i live in SoCal. On 30mins at the Spa for the wife, or a really nice pony ride for the kids.

I hope my point came off clear. Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickmind
But again guys, i do have to say. My question did say "BEST" but i meant it as equaling in value. VALUE is the key. If every engine went 8+ gallons, then its a no brainer. Get the cheapest one. But that is not the case. So please lets not down play it. Value means, If I spent $800 on werks (remember 3 mills here), or $600 on Go's. And both set of engines give me 8+ gallons and zero issues. Then Go engines have the higher value. But if either side did not hold true (again this is where the real question comes into play, i need to know whats the good, the bad, and the ugly). Then of course the value is lowered on either side.

Even if i posted, "Hey whats the best between 2 and 3 bills?" and someone would reply with "will if you would spent 3.5 or 4 bills" to get a better value for "X" reasons. Then I would have to go back to the drawing board. As i don't agree with Werks number math. He had the best points leading to value. No its not just as simple as "Just buy, and take care of, you will be happy, duh". Again, if i take the numbers from before. I could save $200!!!! Thats big, thats a Netbook for my kids! Or 3 hours at the spa for my wife! Oh, i forgot i live in SoCal. On 30mins at the Spa for the wife, or a really nice pony ride for the kids.

I hope my point came off clear. Thanks,
Nick
Is there a reason you seem to be ruling out the p5xlt?

For around 235$ each , the quality/value is very very very good
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston
Is there a reason you seem to be ruling out the p5xlt?

For around 235$ each , the quality/value is very very very good
Sorry bro, no. i wasn't. I'm just using the others as examples. But maybe, haven't RC manufactures learned by now. That Purple is not a good color, for a male dominated hobby? LOL Playing. That mill seems to have even less info on it. Youtube pull 4 vids of that mill.

Nick
Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

ok here the deal i have ran os nova off brand this and that and werks at the end of the day if i did not have a b6 and 2013 in my buggy i look like a idiot driving buggy.

hands down the smooth motor out right now is a b6 and 2013 but it still had the punch you need to make those stupid low run up jumps and pulls all the way to the top like no other.

the b5 and 2013 in truggy is the perfect combo it runs great it smooth and yet it still runs with your speed and nova this and go that and alaph motor

i have had one issue with my motor yay i riped a carb boot and got dirt in the slide and locked it up i change the carb out and still runs like a champ.