Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Can you use 3M Vettape to wrap around your airfilter? >

Can you use 3M Vettape to wrap around your airfilter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you use 3M Vettape to wrap around your airfilter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Where are you guys getting the "Limited Edition" Vetwrap? Dinos,Horsies,Flinstones
Many of the colors and or your "limited edition" Vetwrap can be found at farm and ranch supply stores. I had never thought of using it around the air filter. I have used it for years, wrapping it around the handle on my controller.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

i get it at my vet supply store. 2" wide for 1.75 or a 4" wide for 2.25. i get the 4" stuff and cut it in half. they stock about 6 different colors. it works great at catching all the bigger dirt so you don't need to replace your filter as often. last big outdoor race i was at, i ran nearly a gallon of fuel through with out the need to change the filter. the time before at the same race, i had to change the filter after every 3 tanks of fuel. not only is it quicker to change than the air filter, it is also much cheaper on the racing budget in the long run.