Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
EB Mods JS Racing "TX-521R" .21 Fully Modified Nitro Engine VS MASSIVE MODS MG66 >

EB Mods JS Racing "TX-521R" .21 Fully Modified Nitro Engine VS MASSIVE MODS MG66

EB Mods JS Racing "TX-521R" .21 Fully Modified Nitro Engine VS MASSIVE MODS MG66

Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default EB Mods JS Racing "TX-521R" .21 Fully Modified Nitro Engine VS MASSIVE MODS MG66

Hey does anyone have any particular experience with these two engines? I've narrowed it down to these for my next Mugen MRX6 1/8 buggy... If you have any thoughts please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have no experience with the mg66 but I can tell you that you will LOVE the EB mods motor. You can pit easily at 10 min with a buggy due to about 11 minute run times and you will have more power on tap then you know what to do with. In that buggy a 2041 or dynamite 086 works great and fits well due to the small area for a pipe on the 6.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

depends on what carb insert you are using when it comes to run time and pipe combo I have used a mg66 and have raced against a js engine and they both go hard, the mg66 2072 pipe combo with 6.5mm carb was only on the 10min mark and it didnt like it when I was upside down there was a few flame out issues there but it started first time and ran hard, power wise the jb sounded as good through the rev range and I didnt see many flameouts from it at all, oh I put the mg66 into my truggy as it was better suited there due to its low down torque and thats were it stayed bit scary in the buggy. give the js a go maybe?
cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can only comment on the MG66, I currently (till the end of this year) race in buggy class. I have this engine in my XB8TQ and although I am not the best driver, my buggy is quicker out of a corner and builds up speed faster than all my mates, 1 in a Losi 2.0 and a few in MBX6's.
I have let a few of them have a crack at my buggy and they all comment that it is not lacking in power.
I have just bought a MBX6T that I will be swapping the engine into.

It is not light on fuel and can be tricky to tune, I have printed off the tune instructions from MM and have (I think) got my head around it
Although to be honest and fair, I have never tried to tune it for economy. (still has 8mm air intake).
We only run 6 minute races and I have not run out of fuel (about 1/4 tank left).
Without adjusting tune I did try once in practice and got about 10 - 11 minutes before it ran dry.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys I'm using the car and engine for mainly pleasure and won't be racing. And mostly for my Jack Russell to chase down for 40 min + so would a highly model engine fit my need or should I get a high end spec II v OS. ENGINE that would have greater run times? Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Me personally I would go with the mg66, solely due to the fact that me and a bunch of guys out here in my neck of the woods have been having a lot of problems with the durability of the JS! I'm not by any means trying to flame the JS brand, We just are not having any luck with them. The engine makes awesome power, and does get the 10 min + runtimes but just not for long. The mg66 is a go based engine, and I've had go,s in the past with very little problems! Heck there's 2 mg66,s running in the worlds! Can't be that bad of an engine if there being used on that stage! Just my opinion, please don't chop my head off!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emin007 View Post
Thanks guys I'm using the car and engine for mainly pleasure and won't be racing. And mostly for my Jack Russell to chase down for 40 min + so would a highly model engine fit my need or should I get a high end spec II v OS. ENGINE that would have greater run times? Thanks
emin007 For your particular application i would go with a O S SPEED $499 and O S 2060 pipe set $129. Your companion and best friend deserves the best right? Your DOG only gets one FIRST motor and the memory of that OS revving to the moon while he stretches those little legs out to catch it will last a life time!!! So quit treating him like a pound puppy and let him run....Like a scalded dog!!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thats awesome^^^
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
emin007 For your particular application i would go with a O S SPEED $499 and O S 2060 pipe set $129. Your companion and best friend deserves the best right? Your DOG only gets one FIRST motor and the memory of that OS revving to the moon while he stretches those little legs out to catch it will last a life time!!! So quit treating him like a pound puppy and let him run....Like a scalded dog!!
if you want to just stay WIDE OPEN THROTTLE for YOU AND YOUR DOG....then run the GX7R with the 2072 pipe!...IT WILL SCREAM TILL YOUR DOGS HEAD POPS!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by deadmancourt View Post
if you want to just stay WIDE OPEN THROTTLE for YOU AND YOUR DOG....then run the GX7R with the 2072 pipe!...IT WILL SCREAM TILL YOUR DOGS HEAD POPS!
+1