Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Novarossi .28-7 PullStart problems >

Novarossi .28-7 PullStart problems

Novarossi .28-7 PullStart problems

Old 10-17-2020, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Novarossi .28-7 PullStart problems

I have the Novarossi .28-7 engine in my monster truck, bought the engine new from the Novarossi Factory in Italy last year. The engine is awesome, but the pull-starter is garbage. I've broken about 10 pull-starters since I've had the engine. The spring breaks so easily. I've been in the nitro hobby for 25 years, so I know how to use pull-starters. These Novarossi pull-starters are HORRIBLE!

I've decided to convert to roto-start, however all the Novarossi roto-start parts are out of stock. So, I bought a Red Cat Racing roto-starter and it came with a backplate with the gears etc.. I removed my pull-starter and put the Red Cat Racing backplate starter in it's place and it fit perfect. BUT.. the hex head on the drag pin of the engine is too small (or the hex mount on the big gear inside the roto-start backplate is too big).

To solve my problem, I need either of the following:

1.) A drag pin with a larger hex head

OR

2.) A roto-start big gear with a smaller hex mount that will fit the Novarossi drag pin hex head

OR

3.) A beefier pull-starter that won't break on me.

Any advice would be helpful. I'd like to know what part to buy.

Last edited by jasondog3; 10-17-2020 at 11:47 AM.