Like Tree3Likes

NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B

Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 04:56 PM
  #5146  
Tech Fanatic
 
coneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 805
Default

it's the XZ-B V2 blue head with 22b2 2 needle carb. just wondering how the needles are set.
coneman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:18 PM
  #5147  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Those settings were for a xz speed with a j2 carb. The carb you are talking about is different. I haven't had one of those so I have no settings for it
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 PM
  #5148  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Im thinking it should be pretty close as the J2. the b2 does not have a three needle like the j2 and I dont mess with the third needle anyways on my first Blue Head and it ran like a champ. I am going to leave mine at the factory settings and move from there. I've had OS engines since way back in the 70's with the fsr series airplane engines and it was a bitch getting those to run right. I believe that it was a combination of some different issues like running the wrong prop and 5% nitro instead of 10%. My current .25 SF is about 15 years old and runnings as good as the day I bought it.
stoney452 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:49 PM
  #5149  
Tech Fanatic
 
coneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Those settings were for a xz speed with a j2 carb. The carb you are talking about is different. I haven't had one of those so I have no settings for it
no worries frank. i was just wondering if anyone had some settings. i'll report back with some settings when i run the engine in.
coneman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:42 PM
  #5150  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 666
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

How much faster is the XZ-b speed spec 2 all black motor compared to the xz-b v2 blue head motor???
1966ss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:52 PM
  #5151  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,608
Default

I don't think it's faster, but smoother and last longer because of the DLC crankshaft.

Mine is 45 litres old, had it pinched twice and only replaced the conrod and bearings at 35 litres. And the engine is still going strong.

It's the best engine I've had hands down.
morgoth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 PM
  #5152  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: France
Posts: 312
Default

Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
How much faster is the XZ-b speed spec 2 all black motor compared to the xz-b v2 blue head motor???
I have both and in terms of performance it is very difficult to tell . Roughly performances are identical therefore the XZ-b speed spec 2 is a bit more linear compare to the xz-b v2 blue head motor which is more brutal on the bottom in particular.

whatever your choice both are very good engines for sure.
Desertstorm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:09 PM
  #5153  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 666
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Desertstorm View Post
I have both and in terms of performance it is very difficult to tell . Roughly performances are identical therefore the XZ-b speed spec 2 is a bit more linear compare to the xz-b v2 blue head motor which is more brutal on the bottom in particular.

whatever your choice both are very good engines for sure.
I'm considering these motors for a on road GT application. Both turn pretty good rpm. 41k I believe.
1966ss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:47 AM
  #5154  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,555
Default

I have an OS Speed XZB (not the spec 2).....it was my last engine before I quit offroad....now I m thinking of getting back and upon checking the engine, everything are fine, only the compression is loose. So if I want to rebuilt the engine will the newer B2101 piston, liner & conrod assembly compatible with the Speed XZB? Or is there any other alternative choice that can be use? Thanks in advance for the info.
dameetz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
  #5155  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

The B2101 will not work unless all of the internals are B2101.
Bore and stroke are different.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:10 PM
  #5156  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
The B2101 will not work unless all of the internals are B2101.
Bore and stroke are different.
Is the crank different in the B2101 than the speed version II? Ive heard that the blue head ver2 and and the speed 2 have the same crank its just in the speed 2 the crank has been dlc treated.
stoney452 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:25 PM
  #5157  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I'm not 100% but I would say that the blue head ver II and the spec II are very close. I have been told that the timing on the B2101 is very different.

Last edited by Frank L; 07-14-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:13 PM
  #5158  
ajj
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
ajj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 893
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I have an OS Speed XZB (not the spec 2).....it was my last engine before I quit offroad....now I m thinking of getting back and upon checking the engine, everything are fine, only the compression is loose. So if I want to rebuilt the engine will the newer B2101 piston, liner & conrod assembly compatible with the Speed XZB? Or is there any other alternative choice that can be use? Thanks in advance for the info.
I'm in the exact same boat, but with a blue head spec 1 XZB. I was thinking of putting the spec 2 P/S/R (p/n: 22423110) or Ninja B02 P/S/R (p/n: JX13004), assuming these fit the spec 1?
ajj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:21 PM
  #5159  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ajj View Post
I'm in the exact same boat, but with a blue head spec 1 XZB. I was thinking of putting the spec 2 P/S/R (p/n: 22423110) or Ninja B02 P/S/R (p/n: JX13004), assuming these fit the spec 1?
I do know that the spec II p/s do not fit in the original xz speed.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:40 PM
  #5160  
Tech Regular
 
Retired09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fear Farm - AZ
Posts: 446
Default

Anybody know the difference between the VZ rod Part #23755020 and the XZ spec II rod Part #22425000? Do these rods have different center to center distances?
Retired09 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service