Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MassiveMods Godzilla

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My .21 Zilla arrived in the mail yesterday and is fitted all ready for the weekend.

Lets hope the weather is kind to us..

And I believe flano maybe there to give it a tune...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corty
My .21 Zilla arrived in the mail yesterday and is fitted all ready for the weekend.

Lets hope the weather is kind to us..

And I believe Flanno maybe there to give it a tune...
yep in the morning bud and also to pick up MY SEXY HAT
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

enjoy corty
Old 10-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Picked up a .21 Zilla "R1" today.... just in time for the ProLine Cup

Signature updated

Last edited by Flanno; 10-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Questions?? Run-in procedure for Godzilla?

Hi all,
having run the new GX11 for a while, Went all out and surcame to the Master of Mods, Mark of course, and purchased a .21 Godzilla buggy engine from him. He has given me a basic run in proceedure to follow, but I wouldn't mind some input from other guys who run them. I have run in many RC motors, and always used "Massive Mods MRI run in oil" to great success. Highly recommend it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails MassiveMods Godzilla-img_1701.jpg   MassiveMods Godzilla-img_1702.jpg  

Last edited by SNOOKS; 10-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

In reply to the above, Stick to the method from Mark as in the pst you mentioned, although it won't take as long as the Zilla is all hand matched.

now reply to

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOKS
Hi all,
was running my RC8B Associated Buggy with a GXII around a practice session at the home track in Cairns, North Queensland, Australia last weekend, and ran a "tank time" test. 30 degrees C, 59% humidity, running a O' Donnel 97T plug,. Engine tune so the plug is just moist on the element, slight greying around edge of plug and running NEO+ 25% nitro fuel, and 4 litres of fuel through it. A club member was double checking run time. A run time of, wait for it!!; 13.27 minutes. A second test of 12.58 minutes and consistent runs of 12.26 minutes, (under race conditions) were done on the same day. The motor has 16/44 gearing, 2x1.00/1x1.1 clutch springs and run standard alloy associated clutch shoes. I was amazed, as were other club members!! Have nothing but praise for these motors, now have 4 in my collection. I have just aquired a "GODZILLA .21 Buggy engine from MARK ,the guru of engine mods in AUSTRALIA, will be interesting to compare the 2 motors.

Snooks i think your gunna like the zilla, just drop down .1 in your clutch springs to 2x.9 & 1x1.0 so you don't dig trenches in the track

If track is as hard packed as you say then wait to realy impress some people with the zilla in, if you liked the GXII, your gunna LOVE the Zilla, I have full confidence the jumps you described will be no problem with the current clutch set up your running and run time about the same or better

You didn't mention if it was the standard version or one with the rod upgrade ??
Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SNOOKS
Hi all,
having run the new GX11 for a while, Went all out and surcame to the Master of Mods, Mark of course, and purchased a .21 Godzilla buggy engine from him. He has given me a basic run in proceedure to follow, but I wouldn't mind some input from other guys who run them. I have run in many RC motors, and always used "Massive Mods MRI run in oil" to great success. Highly recommend it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
i just heat cycled the first 2 tanks with MRI & .2mm run-in shime (3min runs in a 8 pattern on grass for good traction) then put it on the track & raced from there, removing the run-in shime after 2 more practice tanks, & i always pre heat.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Run-in feed back

Thanks guys:
Flanno, it is the standard version. At 60 years of age, I think that is about all my reflexes can handle I have 4 x GX11 .21, 1x original 7 port GO Gold head .21, I x Godzilla,(STD), Ix RB TM928 .28, 1x Nova Rossi Factory tuned Buggy 4 engines. You gotta love the Master of Mods methods on run in procedure. I can honestly say at my level of racing(weekend club racing), the go engines represent good value for money, not to mention an in-exhaustable supply of info from Mark. Thanks again for the input fellas, and hope to see you up here for the Cairns Cup one day. Just ask Mark about it, I'm sure he will agree, it's worth the trip. Kind Regards, TED FAY
Attached Thumbnails MassiveMods Godzilla-img_1700.jpg   MassiveMods Godzilla-img_1702.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ted, keep us informed on your progress & thoughts on the the zilla.

i did back to back tests today with GXII, standard MG & the ZILLA
run times with arthritis in the trigger finger :
1st heat GXII - 8.30 min, 13 laps
2nd heat MG - 9.00 min, 13 laps
3rd heat ZILLA - 7.30 min, 15 laps
the zilla dropped it's nuts in the last half of the final, wow, so i think the tank times will get better next week, so my choice of donk will be the Zilla with the MG as my back up donk & save the GXII for a special project over xmas
Old 10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MAGPIE-121
Ted, keep us informed on your progress & thoughts on the the zilla.

i did back to back tests today with GXII, standard MG & the ZILLA
run times with arthritis in the trigger finger :
1st heat GXII - 8.30 min, 13 laps
2nd heat MG - 9.00 min, 13 laps
3rd heat ZILLA - 7.30 min, 15 laps
the zilla dropped it's nuts in the last half of the final, wow, so i think the tank times will get better next week, so my choice of donk will be the Zilla with the MG as my back up donk & save the GXII for a special project over xmas
Will do. I have slotted in into my older RC8B to give it some run time and get it up to race speck so to speak. I will probably put it into the new RC8B.2 when I finally get my hands on one. All going well I am going to fire up Godzilla today: Mark has added a nice little touch to the motor with "TED'S ZILLA" engraved on the opposite side plate to the engine number . Our next club meeting is last week in October, so I should have some feedback from that meeting
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Here's some more info for you to digest guy's

Copied and pasted from another Forum.........

Howdy Race Enthusiasts !

We are pleased to announce the new GodZilla .21 Range specifically designed for Off road racing.

We are releasing several types of this engine and they are made to order and hand prepped.

What we have wanted to do with this range is offer something that nobody does. Cusomised engines ! Based on our research and products avail to us we can now match and change internal parts of a basic platform to create a little MONSTER ! Of course customising your ride is part of the romance of racing yet when it comes to engines there is not much choice .. that is a shame but luckily thats going to change....

The Godzilla .21 Range now has a choice of 3 rods. The standard Go rod , the new Zilla Custom R1 shot peened rod & ligntened, we have tested this rod extensively in both on road and off road applications and its a real nice up grade with awesome durability and reliability. This rod is .03 of a gram lighter than the Go rod. And we now offer the R7 Max Power rod which is another .03 of a gram lighter than the Zilla Custom R1 rod, this one is really nice

The lighter rods make for a snappier response and a different recipricated inertia between crank and rod/piston combo. That means a slightly different power band.

Every Zilla has a Lightened and ramped crank which takes 11.5 grams weight out of it ! . It is custom balanced and hand modified depending on the rod you choose.

On top of this there is a ceramic version obviously with ceramic bearings installed.

in future we will be offering the engine with a few different carb choices. We are testing some manufacturers and seeing which ones suit the best and will offer it once we are happy with the results We will be offering the engine " without " a carb so if you have one thats recommended in your stable you can use it or we can fit and tune it for you at no extra cost. We are doing this for ease of operation, we realise that people are used to how OS or Nova based carbs tune and would like to stay with that platform but try something new, so for that we have experiemnted and continue to do so with carb choices that will be really nice upgrades to the engine. Standard Zilla engine comes with the MG or GX II Carb pre flow meter tuned .

We also offer a pre run service so the engine is prepped and ready for racing.

We have tested the engine on several pipes, fuels and head clearances and tested several plugs so we are collecting data to help people with set ups and recommendations based on track testing. Thats right we will be testing the engine with Nitro X and AT Racing fuels so we can offer set ups for those who run those fuels ! No more walls boys ! just Pure racing ; )

What we are trying to achieve with this engine is bring a platform that is reliable, efficient and affordable, lets face it , its not getting any cheaper out there to live ... there needs to be an affordable racing platform with a good back up base of info to reduce frustration. with some really useful set up tips to get the most out of the engine.

The new Godzilla Team Spec .21 is now avail in limited numbers through MassiveMods, Model Motor Sports International and RC Hobbies. POA , Please mention "if you are" a LRRCC member and get 10 % off retail.

Engine types are.

Zilla 21 Standard
Zilla 21 R1 With upgrade rod
Zilla 21 R7 With R7 Rod
Zilla 21 R1 C With Zilla R1 rod and Ceramic Bearings
Zilla 21 R7 C With R7 Rod and Ceramic Bearings

Obviously as you go up the scale , the better the engine performs.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate !

Contact the above mentioned suppliers or me direct at ......................... place e mail link here
Cheers Mark De Berard
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Mark,
Just after I rang you this arvo, while I was running in the Godzilla, a group of spectators gathered around in the park. A kid in the group came out with the remark, " that thing is just like it says on the top of the engine,a green monster that frightens the s**t out of everybody" Love that Kid!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi Snooks, It's Flanno here.

I copied and posted that from another forum, Mark wasn't here, thou I'm sure he'd be grinning from ear to ear if he read that.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Flanno was that on gaybook, opps i mean facebook ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.