Like Tree47Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Reply

Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 AM
  #1336  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,778
Default

Originally Posted by MugenMAD View Post
I have been using the reds 4 shoe clutch for months and am very happy with it. I had to get a reds clutch bell for the mbx7. The 32 mm diam is a bit small but can still start the car with no worries. I have not tried any other clutch type to compare.

I have been struggling with run times on my R5TTE V2. I love the power it makes. I need to retune I guess as I was lucky to get 7 1/2 mins so I was just making over the finish line for our 7 min heats. I have been using the reds 2104 and short manifold.
Put in a 6mm venturie, and retune.
am is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:11 AM
  #1337  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 576
Default

Originally Posted by MugenMAD View Post
I have been using the reds 4 shoe clutch for months and am very happy with it. I had to get a reds clutch bell for the mbx7. The 32 mm diam is a bit small but can still start the car with no worries. I have not tried any other clutch type to compare.

I have been struggling with run times on my R5TTE V2. I love the power it makes. I need to retune I guess as I was lucky to get 7 1/2 mins so I was just making over the finish line for our 7 min heats. I have been using the reds 2104 and short manifold.
ok great! well ill pick a REDS quattro clutch system this week .. and take the car with to get it done then n there.. Thanks both of you for the info
DaRaceMasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:38 AM
  #1338  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
hyperfuxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: geneva Illinois
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Anybody running the CRE NITRO-MIZER in the Reds? Picked a pack up and kinda excited about running these in my team edition.
hyperfuxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 AM
  #1339  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
BigInJapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
Anybody running the CRE NITRO-MIZER in the Reds? Picked a pack up and kinda excited about running these in my team edition.
yeah I get very good results with the 5.4 Mizer in my R5R
BigInJapan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 PM
  #1340  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Kyosho Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 952
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Love my R5R! Power everywhere! Been running a 2058 and i get 9-9:30. I could use a bit more bottom end but I may just need to lean my bottom a bit more. Extremely happy. Wont look back at OS or RB for a while.
Kyosho Kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:10 AM
  #1341  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
Anybody running the CRE NITRO-MIZER in the Reds? Picked a pack up and kinda excited about running these in my team edition.
I'm interested to see what you think of them. I did try them, but I felt like they changed the power band of the engine. That was a long time ago. I might try them again to see if I can get more satisfaction out of them.
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:47 AM
  #1342  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
fizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

guys I just asked the question in the off-road thread in regards to any major noticeable difference between the r5r and r5t, I'm looking at buying a new mill for buggy and I'm leaning towards a Reds any info on these would be good
fizzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:57 AM
  #1343  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Posadas, Misiones - Argentina
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
guys I just asked the question in the off-road thread in regards to any major noticeable difference between the r5r and r5t, I'm looking at buying a new mill for buggy and I'm leaning towards a Reds any info on these would be good
Just from hearing i know the R5R have a lot of power on all rpm bands. The R5T TE have a lot of power too, but in a smooth more controlable way, and the fuel consuption is better.
manuelargentina is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:13 PM
  #1344  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
guys I just asked the question in the off-road thread in regards to any major noticeable difference between the r5r and r5t, I'm looking at buying a new mill for buggy and I'm leaning towards a Reds any info on these would be good
I dont know about the r5r but i'm about 8 tanks in to a r5t te2. It amazing! Crazy power and response. Will idle all day long and awesome fuel consumption.
superathlete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 AM
  #1345  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
RokleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

R5T also has upgraded bearings over the R5R.
RokleM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:24 AM
  #1346  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 576
Default

tomorrow ill test the reds quattro clutch.. wooohoooo.. update tomorrow night..
DaRaceMasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:27 PM
  #1347  
Tech Rookie
 
MugenMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta View Post
tomorrow ill test the reds quattro clutch.. wooohoooo.. update tomorrow night..
How did you like the clutch?
MugenMAD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:31 PM
  #1348  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
the wrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 558
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

anyone using the hcx carb in a te2? any difference in runtime/tune? worth trying out?
the wrench is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:04 AM
  #1349  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 576
Default

Originally Posted by MugenMAD View Post
How did you like the clutch?
got rained out.. so no chance to try but hope the weather is better this coming weekend....
DaRaceMasta is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 AM
  #1350  
Tech Rookie
 
MugenMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta View Post
got rained out.. so no chance to try but hope the weather is better this coming weekend....
Damn, we get rained out on our 3rd Sunday but got lucky last weekend. Hope its a nice weekend for you.
MugenMAD is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service