Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree223Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure someone has noticed this already, but I found it interesting that Reds appears to be using the same carb as the Triton, Orion, Werks engines.
Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster

I'm sure someone has noticed this already, but I found it interesting that Reds appears to be using the same carb as the Triton, Orion, Werks engines.
Front bearing looks also the same.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, they're all using HCH front bearings.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, they're all using HCH front bearings.
They all have two rubber seals?
Old 10-20-2021, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
They all have two rubber seals?
Yep. One on the outside, one on the inside.
Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yep. One on the outside, one on the inside.
Thanks.
What are your experience with this bearing?
Old 10-21-2021, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Pretty sure you can throw in Orion and Performa in there to. But what's weird? My Orion never had any tuning issues? It was reliable. I still don't have my 521s figured out yet. I'm going to try another carburetor. I don't feel there is anything wrong with the engine. Just hard to get it to hold a tune .
Old 10-21-2021, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

That's what I was thinking. I haven't run my 521 yet, so I can't say, but my Werks has been easy to tune.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to try my 521.
So the let’s say the reds share the same carb like the orion and werks engine who are easy to tune.Doesn't this mean the problem is elsewhere?
Old 10-22-2021, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jersey
I’m pretty sure scuderia carb is Lm I posted photos of other engines I believe are lm factory and if you compare the scuderia carb body to those it looks the same just different graphic. (Needles inside maybe different taper lengths etc not saying there the same)

Here’s a werks Orion triton carbs I believe these model were all made in Lm

if you look these 2 photos werks and Orion I believe they are both Lm note how the gasket is on the exhaust port and if you take it off they both have the notch in them for the gasket. I can take photos of engine to show you with gaskets off.

then if you look here at this Picco blast and the reds scuderia they both have the same kinda gasket flat then they both don’t have a notch for the gasket there both straight. I’m not postive cause I don’t work in the factory’s or anything like that but seeing reds looks same as Picco with gasket and no notch in exhaust port I don’t know Another engine factory that’s making engines that require this style gasket. Maxy 2.0 and 3.0 like that also but maxy 2.0 3.0 are 100percent Picco made. So for me it’s very hard to believe Picco isn’t at least making the crankcase for reds scuderia.
Picco posted on kyosho Europe a while back they were going to new materials then diecast mold and getting away from gravity fed casting I believe were the terms they used and they said new materials etc that was when blast first came out. Then reds around same time announced new materials new process. I think reds wants to just get away from the whole worlds maifield thing probably hurt them I would think. But yea Picco has new method case on blast then scuderia got new case and they both have that exhaust port same style so it’s hard for me to believe someone telling me that crankcase isn’t Picco. Reds says it not Picco made. I think the scuderia carb might be sourced from Lm the carb then maybe Picco crankcase then other stuff maybe Picco/lm.
ohh and to add one more thing I think reds didn’t go with the Picco blast style carb cause it didn’t have a insulator around the carb throat into case and also the picco carb wasn’t all Aluminium. So reds prob figured the engine would tune better with heat insulator and the all aluminum Lm carb. Now Picco newest engine p3tt changed there carb and has insulator on It and full Aluminium carb so Picco changed the carb hole on the case to fit the new carb. Also the new maxy 3.0 has the new alum Picco carb on it

the reds head and Picco head look like picco factory. But take a look at the gaskets

yes go back pages. I’ve told people carb is same factory. Some needles may be different lengths and taper sometimes.
scuderia carb is Lm factory carb. Werks sirio orion performa and newer triton black and evo editions are Lm also.

I think the rest of the scuderia engine is made by Picco but not 100 percent cause I haven’t been to factory and saw it happen
frewster and Nitro5270 like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to try my 521.
So the let’s say the reds share the same carb like the orion and werks engine who are easy to tune.Doesn't this mean the problem is elsewhere?
I think these carburetor's are very hit and miss. I seen a guy get a basic performa 3 port. It was flawless. He then bought another months later. It was a nightmare from the get go. Not sure what the issue turned out to beI'm going to try another carburetor for a test. If the motor takes a better tube, then it was the carb. If not, I know I have a bad motor. It's a shame because it does run good. Just don't trust it's reliability.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

confirmed to be more than a color change. details not yet revealed...
Nitro5270 and outcast32 like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

maybe try sealing carb like he does
Old 10-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

If you're having tuning issues, take the carb apart and clean it out. I don't know if it was from the oil bath break in or what, but I just had a brand new engine that just wouldn't tune right the first tank. Nothing I did with the needles did what it should've, it would idle up and down, cut out randomly, everything. It was rich on the bottom, lean in the middle, and rich on top but with no MSN there wasn't anything I could do about it.

Tried fresh fuel, same problem. Tried a new plug, same problem. I decided to give it another go, and all of a sudden it was running right. Steady idle. Needles did what they're supposed to do. All I can figure is something was caught up in the carb and worked its way free.
Nitro5270 likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got my hands on a few brand new WRX 7 and V3 Evoke R7's.

​​​​Got my hands on an old picco carb that a fellow member recommend, runs just perfect on my R7. Broke in by Drake an honestly as fast or faster than the AD2. Holds a tune idles perfect and just hauls.

That being said I can't find that carb anywhere. What all carbs will fit the older Reds motors? Need one for a new WRX7 that I just got back from Drake.

Thanks all,
Jon
​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.