Like Tree94Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Old 07-15-2021, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token View Post
Me personally, I'm running the engine. If theres an issue, Ill address then....
thanks man, I actually got an email back from Marco Rossi himself stating that itís a cosmetic blemish that happened from the die casting process, and in no way should affect the running of the engine. Iím still not thrilled about it, but if the head engineer of Reds Himself says it shouldnít be an issue, I feel a whole lot better.
token and ray4624 like this.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi215 View Post
thanks man, I actually got an email back from Marco Rossi himself stating that itís a cosmetic blemish that happened from the die casting process, and in no way should affect the running of the engine. Iím still not thrilled about it, but if the head engineer of Reds Himself says it shouldnít be an issue, I feel a whole lot better.
Maybe wonít affect how it runs but might be an issue if you ever try to sell it.
Old 07-16-2021, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, need some help with a potential machining flaw in my reds 521 sport.

As you can see there is a small machining mark, or hole, underneath the front bearing in the block. Did anyone elseís Reds 521 come like this? Itís hard to tell if itís a nick, a machining error, or a full blown hole that goes all the way through. Either way it looks like something that would fill with dirt, or suck dirt right into the engine. Not too pleased right now but if itís not a huge issue, or if itís supposed to be there for some reason, then itís not a huge issue. Any information will be appreciated, currently getting in touch with Reds hopefully and Amain, where I ordered the engine from.

It's broken😳 Return the engine, and order a new one.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry for delayed feedback, was out of town for a few days. Still deciding what to do with this, might just send it back to Amain for a full transfer and just get another one without a flaw. A YouTuber pointed out if I ordered a 600$ racing engine and pipe setup and told me this was acceptable, how wild and almost unacceptable would that be? Again though, I was literally assured by Mario Rossiís brother,Marco, that this will NOT affect the engine. So if itís not a problem and itís all hidden by the flywheel and clutchbell setup, then screw it Iíll run it. Iím never going to sell it and if it runs perfect then it will never been an issue to me personally.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry for delayed feedback, was out of town for a few days. Still deciding what to do with this, might just send it back to Amain for a full transfer and just get another one without a flaw. A YouTuber pointed out if I ordered a 600$ racing engine and pipe setup and told me this was acceptable, how wild and almost unacceptable would that be? Again though, I was literally assured by Mario Rossiís brother,Marco, that this will NOT affect the engine. So if itís not a problem and itís all hidden by the flywheel and clutchbell setup, then screw it Iíll run it. Iím never going to sell it and if it runs perfect then it will never been an issue to me personally.
I thought Marco is Marioís son, not brother?
Old 07-21-2021, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi, that was me lol
i just think we pay through the nose for these stuff and if you get a blem...it should be priced accordingly.

on topic, i was a hair away from pulling the trigger on one of these 521 combos but found a new ultimate m3x combo for the same price and went that route.