Like Tree47Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Reply

Old 03-02-2019, 06:22 AM
  #2116  
Tech Master
iTrader: (124)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Niz55 View Post
I just installed the WRX Corsa with the smooth pipe in my mp9 and Is little too much power. The torque is insane and just kills the rear shocks when the car squads down.

I am thinking about selling it. Anyone interested?
Have you tried all carbon clutch shoes? I have heard that is how people have tamed the bottom end punch of the WRX.
8ight-t_sbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:39 AM
  #2117  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Niz55 View Post
I just installed the WRX Corsa with the smooth pipe in my mp9 and Is little too much power. The torque is insane and just kills the rear shocks when the car squads down.

I am thinking about selling it. Anyone interested?
How much?
Cardiak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:02 PM
  #2118  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 758
Default

Something new in the works...
Teaser: REDS Racing nitro engine coming soon -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
Pedro Jesus likes this.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:29 PM
  #2119  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
Thatís a sharp looking engine.
SlowLST2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:43 PM
  #2120  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: grande prairie alberta canada
Posts: 2,613
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

the block really looks like as os block

Last edited by HaulinBass; 03-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:24 AM
  #2121  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 758
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
the block really looks like as os block
They said it was a Reds engine, and removed any posts saying otherwise... Time will tell!
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:43 AM
  #2122  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (85)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,569
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Ha Ha Like when Ultimate had their motors from Novarossi, and then they started offering OS Based motors! Their M5 is a Nova based mill and the M3R & X are OS Based.

But perhaps its a new case? It actually looks like the new Picco motors. The motor mount looks like the Picco Blast and Monza.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:44 AM
  #2123  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 758
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Ha Ha Like when Ultimate had their motors from Novarossi, and then they started offering OS Based motors! Their M5 is a Nova based mill and the M3R & X are OS Based.

But perhaps its a new case? It actually looks like the new Picco motors. The motor mount looks like the Picco Blast and Monza.
The carb reminds me of the LM engines (Werks, Orion etc), but I doubt they have changed mfg.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:08 AM
  #2124  
Tech Initiate
 
HyperMBX7R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremen / Germany
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
The carb reminds me of the LM engines (Werks, Orion etc), but I doubt they have changed mfg.
Looks like LM Engines. My Orion CRF had 1:1 the same carb.
HyperMBX7R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:10 PM
  #2125  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (85)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,569
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Anyone run or have the WRX HE .20 motor??? Thoughts if so

https://www.reds-racing.com/wrx-highefficiency

- Seems like they are taking a page out of OS Max's book when they had the OS Speed .19 motor
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 AM
  #2126  
Tech Initiate
 
HyperMBX7R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bremen / Germany
Posts: 31
Default

HyperMBX7R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:29 AM
  #2127  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: grande prairie alberta canada
Posts: 2,613
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

so obviously reds seen the comments on it looking like an OS block Haha
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:04 PM
  #2128  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 107
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
so obviously reds seen the comments on it looking like an OS block Haha
For what i have been told it is an in house project that REDS are producing themselves. Expensive to buy all the equipment and do this if true and hope is not another GRP failure for Mario.
RB_Racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:08 PM
  #2129  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: from a wee town in TX
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by RB_Racer View Post
For what i have been told it is an in house project that REDS are producing themselves. Expensive to buy all the equipment and do this if true and hope is not another GRP failure for Mario.
its a copy of the new Picco blast, except with a beefer top part of block...
Mr Rossi and o.s do not get along.
iplaygames is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
  #2130  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (85)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 4,569
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Yes as we know, Reds is Picco based, as is RC Concept, Triton etc. I am sure they did their designs in house at Reds and submitted them to Picco, to be built based on Picco motors to their specs.

until someone gets one in hand and opens it up we can confirm its 100% same, or different. Lets not take away that with the HE .20 and their side needle carb of past, that Reds got a few custom designs through Picco.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service