Like Tree46Likes

REDS Engines (Mario Rossi)

Reply

Old 01-16-2017, 07:42 PM
  #1936  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
revo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the dirty south
Posts: 2,883
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Has anyone used Avid ceramic engine bearings before? Are they any good?
revo61 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM
  #1937  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 855
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Exhaust question. In truggy, I'm running the R5T with the 2112 pipe and medium header. I'm looking for a little more top end. Should I go to a short header? If so, do I lose a lot of the bottom end?

Also thinking about going with a 2113 with a medium or short header. Any recommendations on which header to use in truggy with a 2113?

Will I be able to get at least 8 min runtime with 2113?
qstorm777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM
  #1938  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
RokleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
Exhaust question. In truggy, I'm running the R5T with the 2112 pipe and medium header. I'm looking for a little more top end. Should I go to a short header? If so, do I lose a lot of the bottom end?

Also thinking about going with a 2113 with a medium or short header. Any recommendations on which header to use in truggy with a 2113?

Will I be able to get at least 8 min runtime with 2113?
On the R5T, the 2104 and short is the recommended setup.
RokleM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:36 AM
  #1939  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
rregl0612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: harrisburg, Pa
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default plug and temp selection, or temp to plug selection.

Ran our first round of nitro yesterday, east coat winters. Found the t5c gave a very small window, and even when tuned well, still didn't sound correct (sounded flat) temps were in the mid 50's to mid 60's through the day with a cold front moving trough around my main.
I arrived with a thought I may have to drop, so before mains I switched the t5c for a ts4, retuned, and she was back to a 5 second high idle and a happy gurgled idle after settling with loads of top.
The morale if this story is to trust your gut! I hesitated and could have qualified way better. Still any day of nitro fumes is a good day
rregl0612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:09 PM
  #1940  
Tech Fanatic
 
vandalzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere near Japan
Posts: 762
Default

Can anyone measure inner diameter and inner depth of Reds clutchbell from their modern clutch system? Can't find Reds clutch thread, so decided to ask here.
vandalzzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:19 AM
  #1941  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 199
Default

New Reds engine with DLC crank.
REDS WR7 Diamond Edition in video -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
kyosho28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:32 AM
  #1942  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kyosho28 View Post
What's the difference in performance between the wr7 diamond and the R7 evok 4.0? Is it the same engine with a dlc crank
shark2288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 PM
  #1943  
Tech Adept
 
erc55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: sao paulo , brasil
Posts: 234
Default Quattro clutch bell

I know Novarossi clutch bell work with the Reds Quattro clutch. Does the Fioroni steel bell also work? What other clutch bells work? I saw a picture of Maifields car in Neo17 and his clutchbell doesnt look like Reds, anyone know which brand it is?
erc55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:57 AM
  #1944  
Tech Adept
 
Cant drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by erc55 View Post
I know Novarossi clutch bell work with the Reds Quattro clutch. Does the Fioroni steel bell also work? What other clutch bells work? I saw a picture of Maifields car in Neo17 and his clutchbell doesnt look like Reds, anyone know which brand it is?
I've run the protek bell for Mugen and it fits and works fine. However the reds durabell is superior in every respect.
Cant drive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:58 PM
  #1945  
Tech Initiate
 
Sinn1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 21
Default

For an R7E (V3), between the 2104+S and 2143+S, what would be the best all-round pipe?
Sinn1612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 PM
  #1946  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Sinn1612 View Post
For an R7E (V3), between the 2104+S and 2143+S, what would be the best all-round pipe?
Iv got both pipes

I'm using the 2143 +s manifold with the R7 V3.
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:25 AM
  #1947  
Tech Initiate
 
Sinn1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by WavyEnzo View Post
Iv got both pipes

I'm using the 2143 +s manifold with the R7 V3.
Thanks for the reply. Why are you using the 2143 over the 2104?
Sinn1612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 AM
  #1948  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Sinn1612 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Why are you using the 2143 over the 2104?
For me the 2143 has overall power. From low-Mid-Top

2104
Has Mid to Top speed.

So really depends on your style of driving.

Are you using the reds racing clutch system.
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 AM
  #1949  
Tech Initiate
 
Sinn1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by WavyEnzo View Post
For me the 2143 has overall power. From low-Mid-Top

2104
Has Mid to Top speed.

So really depends on your style of driving.

Are you using the reds racing clutch system.
How do you find the mileage between the two? I would hazard a guess that the 2104 has slightly better mileage given the lesser torque.

I use the TLR clutch.
Sinn1612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 AM
  #1950  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by Sinn1612 View Post
How do you find the mileage between the two? I would hazard a guess that the 2104 has slightly better mileage given the lesser torque.

I use the TLR clutch.

Tbh.. I haven't used the 2104 pipe yet..
But they say, you get better fuel mileage
When using the reds, 4shoe clutch system.

But I would say, the 2104 pipe, would give a lil better fuel mileage then the 2143. But as I said, just depends on your driving style.
WavyEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service