Wiki Posts
Search

Sidewinder new fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
The new batch, Strike Team V2 is clear now. It runs even cooler, and produces very good power.
Clear now? Darn that sucks, I really dont like clear fuel as dumb as it sounds. I cant see it as well as something with some color. I will continue to run the fuel though, excellent product.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

I add 4 drops of food coloring to each quart. Several people in the fuel industry say adding a couple drops of food coloring is just fine.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Clear now? Darn that sucks, I really dont like clear fuel as dumb as it sounds. I cant see it as well as something with some color. I will continue to run the fuel though, excellent product.
When i run Out of the Byron's fuel i'm going to run the Purple ooppss the Clear stuff.

Sound like the stuff Barry Bond was taking THE CLEAR...
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

I have been running the new V2 Clear fuel for a few weeks and really do like it so far. Not sure about temps as I never temp my engines but run time does seem to be a little better. Sure it's clear but I can still hold up my car after a race and see how much is in the tank. When it was purple it's not like I was looking down from the drivers stand every lap and seeing how much was left.

Pulling my engine apart for the first time I did notice I didn't have the purple/blue film on all of the engines internals, it was nice and clean with a nice clear oil on all internals. Like any other SW fuel I have used I never add any after run oil in my engines and there are zero signs of rust!!