Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
my ninja/vspec experiment, you might be surprised! >

my ninja/vspec experiment, you might be surprised!

Like Tree2Likes

my ninja/vspec experiment, you might be surprised!

Old 03-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default my ninja/vspec experiment, you might be surprised!

Ok. I had a newly broken in ninja 5 port P/S and a brand new vspec 3 port P/S.

I had 2 coated and filled ninja cranks.

SSoooo,

I took the vspec P/S with a ninja crank and rod and dropped it in my ninja case with a ninja carb.

I then took my ninja P/S and ninja crank and rod and put it in my vspec case and carburetor (i think it might be the old one with the black carb boot?)

Results? You might be surprised.

motor 1

a broken in vspec P/S in my ninja and have almost a gallon, still has a little pinch so it's not fully awake. but to me seems like a standard vspec with a bit more smooth low and mid range throttle. Can't get a good read on the top in because it still has pinch and it's on the slightly rich side, but definitely still rips. temps around 190 consistently.

motor 2

a vspec with the ninja P/S and crank/rod.

One word

UNBELIEVABLE. I have never heard a engine pull this kind of rpm's. can't even find a long enough stretch to get all of the top end. Smooth with unreal power. matter of fact, it would easily smoke my other motor (ninja with vspec P/S/R)

I don't know if it's the case or the carb, but something is definitely different. never went over 210. It is so powerful but so smooth.

To be fair my vspec P/S is not fully broken in.

What's funny about all this?

The vspec was going to be a back up with my some spare parts, but the 5 port with the coated crank just kills in the vspec.

I would bet the farm the O.S. is coming out with a 5 port vspec with a coated and filled crank. They must know, they have too.

I am not saying it's better then the ninja, but from what i can tell it is.

i might be crazy but it had to be pulling 44k in rpm's and the bottom was retarded good but smooth as silk.

will let everyone know what happens with the 3 port in my ninja once it's fully broken in.

this is just a fyi. O.S. would be stupid not to make this motor. If you have the parts i stongly suggest you do this. You will be so glad you did.

Last edited by dreaux; 03-26-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just did the same thing, and I must confirm the mill absoloutely rips. I would also be willing to bet that O.S. is going to produce this mill. It is insane, basicly a ninja put back into a .21's crankcase and ditching the large volume .28XZ crankcase. I think that's where the magic is putting the .21 internals back into the smaller volume .21 crankcase. I also used the ninja carb though bc I feel its a better carb then my older v-spec carb with the bottom mounted idle adjust.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trimble
Just did the same thing, and I must confirm the mill absoloutely rips. I would also be willing to bet that O.S. is going to produce this mill. It is insane, basicly a ninja put back into a .21's crankcase and ditching the large volume .28XZ crankcase. I think that's where the magic is putting the .21 internals back into the smaller volume .21 crankcase. I also used the ninja carb though bc I feel its a better carb then my older v-spec carb with the bottom mounted idle adjust.
I agree 100%. It must be the smaller case volume that does it. I am going to give this a try for sure! I really hope OS doesn't use the ninja style case on the new engine. I always felt the smaller v-spec case was a winner. I also haven't cracked a v-spec case like everyone talks about. Maybe they will find a way to make a case that is ninja strong and v-spec volume. Shouldn't be a problem.

I will mess around with some parts/engines and see what I get. I will say, the ninja crank in a v-spec(v-spec 3 port sleeve) rocks as it is.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Jammin, is the speed case the same as the vspec?

Maybe the 5 port sleeve in a speed?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dreaux
Jammin, is the speed case the same as the vspec?

Maybe the 5 port sleeve in a speed?
The speed case is similar to the v-spec but not exactly the same. It should be close in case volume. The speed case has some more aggressive machining inside as well as a different sized carb pinch bolt. I'm betting the speed case will make it even better.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

would i also be correct to say that the ninja crank is lighter then the speed?

(minus the tungsten)
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thanks for the great info guys!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Thanks for the great info guys!
i take it you have the parts to make this roided out vspec

also, i had my old vspec case for about 7 gallons and never had a problem with the case.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

what was weird is The HSN is almost 2 1/2 turns out. LSN almost flush with the carb.

so yeah, there is more the be got, but it's so good as is and now i can leave it a little on the rich side. seems like that vspec carb/case tunes itself. I love how easy it is to tune.

Can't do any better then that.

Last edited by dreaux; 05-03-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

So really if you have a Ninja all you need is the V-Spec Case right? I might check this out to give it a go if I can find a case cheap. Or if I ever need to buy a new case I will pick the V-Spec one instead.

But cool either way. If it works like you say I don't see why OS wouldn't do this for the new V-Spec if they come out with one.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shanty140
So really if you have a Ninja all you need is the V-Spec Case right? I might check this out to give it a go if I can find a case cheap. Or if I ever need to buy a new case I will pick the V-Spec one instead.

But cool either way. If it works like you say I don't see why OS wouldn't do this for the new V-Spec if they come out with one.
heck, all you have to do is find someone with a old burned up vspec that is trashed and buy it for the case and carb.

I was about to chuck mine before i figured i would mess around for fits and giggles.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

would i also be correct to say that the ninja crank is lighter then the speed?

(minus the tungsten)
Yes sir that is correct!

You would just need the case and a backplate.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

heck, all you have to do is find someone with a old burned up vspec that is trashed and buy it for the case and carb.

I was about to chuck mine before i figured i would mess around for fits and giggles.
You don't need the carb! The v-spec and ninja carbs are EXACTLY the same!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

yes, just the case. I used the vspec carb too, but you don't have to i would imagine since it's the same as the ninja. (but the black on black looks better if you care about that kind of stuff).

it has real good synergy and harmonics. I think the case helps with the tune.

Last edited by dreaux; 05-03-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

edd bridges or rob hamm experimented a while back with these and i believe they did have dyno results up on the ebmods site. from what i gathered it is a killer motor..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.