Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O.S. .25XZ engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ok guys this is my report on the OS .25xz , going my 3rd gallon on it running it still with the stock restrictor (9or8) with os 2050 pipe , it like to be ran around 220deg and with 1.1 clutch springs , why , it has soo much torque on the bottom that i snapped and broke 2 sets of 1.0 springs and broke in half a set of alum. clutch shoes besides that it doesnt have problem pulling away from 21 or 28 motors in that case "just cause i did" and the guy ask me what i was running and i told him the os 25xz and he had in his rc8t a 28xz "jajajaj sucker" well i tell you this , he pulled out a new 25xz out of his tool box and switch motors
my 25xz pulls just about the same as my friends os 21 speed , take that for a tip......
Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
ok guys this is my report on the OS .25xz , going my 3rd gallon on it running it still with the stock restrictor (9or8) with os 2050 pipe , it like to be ran around 220deg and with 1.1 clutch springs , why , it has soo much torque on the bottom that i snapped and broke 2 sets of 1.0 springs and broke in half a set of alum. clutch shoes besides that it doesnt have problem pulling away from 21 or 28 motors in that case "just cause i did" and the guy ask me what i was running and i told him the os 25xz and he had in his rc8t a 28xz "jajajaj sucker" well i tell you this , he pulled out a new 25xz out of his tool box and switch motors
my 25xz pulls just about the same as my friends os 21 speed , take that for a tip......
So are you saying that the .25 is almost as fast as the speed or faster. How did it compare to the speed engine?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Its faster i've ran both in my 2.0 Truggy and the .25 is noticeably faster
Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Donrod,
Great to see you guys at the Nats! That motor was awesome and Dylan was driving awesome Very impressive! What restrictor and clutch springs are you guys running?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, my .25xz appears to have eaten a glow plug at just after a gallon.

I was planning to run it Saturday. Last time I ran it (practice), it flamed out and wouldn't fire. I figured it was a bad glow plug, and packed it up for the day. Saturday morning I pulled the plug to install a new one, and the coil is gone. Engine ate it. I'm so freakin bummed out I haven't even taken the thing apart yet to see what the damage is.

Good thing I have a couple JPX .21s I guess...
Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BPettit
Donrod,
Great to see you guys at the Nats! That motor was awesome and Dylan was driving awesome Very impressive! What restrictor and clutch springs are you guys running?
Nice meeting you guys as well, we are using the 8mm restrictor with 1.0 springs with the 2050 pipe. We are very pleased with the motor.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default What size bearings does it use?

Anyone know the bearing sizes for the 25XZ? I'm curious to know if it uses .21 engine bearings and a 14 mm crankshaft (?)

Last edited by wriffwraff; 07-17-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I've only seen one of these run locally seemed to have good power but the driver was crashing to much for me to see how fast it really was lol. I am still curious how it'd perform with a 6mm insert and a 2060
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Nitroluver

At my local track for a 2 day trophy meet, I was running an os speed in a losi 8t with a 9mm insert and this other quick driver in a xray truggy was running one of these os .25's with a 6.5mm insert. Both of us were running os 2060 pipes but different brands of fuel.

I have got to say that after seeing the performance of these os .25 motors, It has made me go out and buy one for my truggy. It simply had the bigger displacement to get the truggy up and out of corners alot faster than what my os speed could. Coming onto the main straight, I would be 2-3 metres infront of the other guy with my os speed but by the end of the straight, he would be on my ass and this didn't include the tight and technical sections of the track. My os speed needed a main straight another 20 metres long to wind up and get going where the .25 had the guts to get him out of the corner alot faster and get the truggy motoring proper quick.

I was a bit spectical about them at firsst thinking they're going to be a clutch and diff killer but after having a drive of a .25 in another car, they're not like a toggle switch and uncontrollable but simply a superb truggy motor to get them out of corners faster than anything else and I also think revving down the main straight just as good as .21's.

My .25 is currently still sitting bnib but after I get back from my holiday, It's definitely getting run-in and whacked in my truggy.
Cheers.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
Hey Nitroluver

At my local track for a 2 day trophy meet, I was running an os speed in a losi 8t with a 9mm insert and this other quick driver in a xray truggy was running one of these os .25's with a 6.5mm insert. Both of us were running os 2060 pipes but different brands of fuel.

I have got to say that after seeing the performance of these os .25 motors, It has made me go out and buy one for my truggy. It simply had the bigger displacement to get the truggy up and out of corners alot faster than what my os speed could. Coming onto the main straight, I would be 2-3 metres infront of the other guy with my os speed but by the end of the straight, he would be on my ass and this didn't include the tight and technical sections of the track. My os speed needed a main straight another 20 metres long to wind up and get going where the .25 had the guts to get him out of the corner alot faster and get the truggy motoring proper quick.

I was a bit spectical about them at firsst thinking they're going to be a clutch and diff killer but after having a drive of a .25 in another car, they're not like a toggle switch and uncontrollable but simply a superb truggy motor to get them out of corners faster than anything else and I also think revving down the main straight just as good as .21's.

My .25 is currently still sitting bnib but after I get back from my holiday, It's definitely getting run-in and whacked in my truggy.
Cheers.
Hummm that's what I was looking for. Good comparison review.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
Hey Nitroluver

Cheers.
sounds great who knows maybe in the future or if I come across a good deal on one. But in my heart I am still a .21 because fuel mileage and overall control
Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm running a pro twister modded os 25xz with a 14t bell and werks clutch ran 2 tanks still breaking it in.And it's fricking insane.Had it in my x2 crt.I sold all my x2's and got a xray 09 spec.I haven't put it in yet.I'm having to much fun with the powerhouse modded toro nere thats in it now.But i'll give the bull a rest and put the monster in soon

Last edited by blacksunshine; 07-20-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Fuel economy was my biggest concern as all os speeds have been known for great run times. If I ran a 7mm insert in my truggy I could do 10 minute pitstops at any track but when I was running this 9mm insert to keep up witht the pace, I wasn't able to do 10 minutes and instead had to come in and pit at about 8mins or stretch it to 8:30.

The other guy running his .25 could have done 10 minute pitstops and had an advantage over me but decided to play it safe and pretty much stick with me when I came in for fuel so the run times there also. Obviously he was only running a 6.5mm insert but he simply had the displacement to still be faster out of the corners and then still great fuel economy.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've always ran the 8mm restrictor and was gettin 10 min plus after about a gallon of breakin before i had it modded
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Lord

So what pipe are you guys running on this engine to get 9-10 mins 2060? 2050?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.