Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

ALPHA OFF ROAD ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's not $175 anymore LOL, dang, maybe it never was? I'm sure I saw $175 an hour ago lol
Old 04-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewood810
I see that Race Dawg Rc is the new distributor for the US but is Alpha on its way out? I just got a Ryan Lutz worlds edition and it seems like finding an Alpha pipe for it is impossible. Unless I want to order one from Taiwan. I am going to have to run a Dynamite Platinum pipe but I would rather run a pipe tuned for the motor. What are everyone else's thoughts on these motors, did I make a mistake going this way?

Just for clarity as to why I picked this motor, I have a eb48.4 that I purchased off of Ryan Lutz and I wanted to put a motor in it that matched and didn't have Blok $$$$, before I got it I looked up reviews and it looked like these motors are power houses. I didn't however look for the pipe and parts before I purchased it.
Hello ewood810, Do you have a pipe in mind you were looking at running? Racedawg just got their shipment of products in about a week or two ago so all products might now be on the page as of yet, There are a few pipes to choose from and I'm sure we can defiantly get you something. I will check with the owner of Racedawg and see what they have or have coming.

I was able to get out the track this past weekend and run the new 4 shoe clutch and the 3 port engine I must say I'm very impressed. Ill give a full review latter.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

I also had a go with the 4 shoe clutch last weekend. I'm very impressed with it, especially with the tuneability. The performance should be the same, but I'm sure that if you give it enough time and research, you will find THE perfect clutch setting for your needs (30 settings possible!). It is so nice to remove the clutch by just untightening the nut, any having it in one piece, ready to go
Josh Pease likes this.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Pease
Hello ewood810, Do you have a pipe in mind you were looking at running? Racedawg just got their shipment of products in about a week or two ago so all products might now be on the page as of yet, There are a few pipes to choose from and I'm sure we can defiantly get you something. I will check with the owner of Racedawg and see what they have or have coming.

I was able to get out the track this past weekend and run the new 4 shoe clutch and the 3 port engine I must say I'm very impressed. Ill give a full review latter.
I am not picky just looking for something that will work with it, right now I have a Dynamite Platinum pipe and a brand new reds pipe I can use with the engine, if those will work I can just stick with that I have. I am just worried I got a Engine that will have no support.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ewood810
I am not picky just looking for something that will work with it, right now I have a Dynamite Platinum pipe and a brand new reds pipe I can use with the engine, if those will work I can just stick with that I have. I am just worried I got a Engine that will have no support.
Good Morning ewood810, The Reds or the Dynamite pipe will work great with that engine, You will defiantly have support, I'm always available for questions your welcome to PM or you can always email me as well, [email protected]

Racedawg is still getting everything together and will be full up and fully operational very soon.

Anyone is welcome to message me or email me anytime with any questions you may have.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I also had a go with the 4 shoe clutch last weekend. I'm very impressed with it, especially with the tuneability. The performance should be the same, but I'm sure that if you give it enough time and research, you will find THE perfect clutch setting for your needs (30 settings possible!). It is so nice to remove the clutch by just untightening the nut, any having it in one piece, ready to go
Yes the amount of adjusts on this clutch is awesome, I ran the stock setup that it came with just to see how it would work, so 2 1.0 springs 2 1.1 springs whit the clutch in the hard setting and it did great. I will be doing some more testing with the different settings very soon.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Pease
Good Morning ewood810, The Reds or the Dynamite pipe will work great with that engine, You will defiantly have support, I'm always available for questions your welcome to PM or you can always email me as well, [email protected]

Racedawg is still getting everything together and will be full up and fully operational very soon.

Anyone is welcome to message me or email me anytime with any questions you may have.
Thanks for the information. Ill reach out if I have run into any issues. I am waiting to get the motor back now from Adam Drake and his break-in service.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
Maybe I'm crazy, but it's not $175 anymore LOL, dang, maybe it never was? I'm sure I saw $175 an hour ago lol
You were not crazy. That was for the Pre-Owned one.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does any one still run the alpha 352 23 size nitro engine at all what they like in a truggy
Old 05-27-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick
does any one still run the alpha 352 23 size nitro engine at all what they like in a truggy
It wasn't needed the Alpha A852 rocked in truggy 10 min. run times easy and lots of power.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick

They are pretty good in a truggy. They have a bit more grunt for a short runup but lack some top end. Mileage was pretty close to a .21 so that wasn't an issue. Biggest problem I see is the piston is quite a bit bigger and heavier with the same rod as a .21. The rods did fail a bit more if you ran alot of Rpm or modified them. Truggies in general are just harder on engines anyway.

Rex
Old 05-31-2018, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys.

Regarding the Alpha Dragon4, i’m having problems reaching 7.30min runtime.
It was the same problem with the Dragon 3.
the ambient temp is about 20-25C and the engine is about 130C

i tried different pipes, glowplugs, venturies, without any luck.

8 min runtime is acceptable to me, but im not close to that.
Love this engine but i dont have the nerves to use it as my race engine.

Can you guys please help me 😐
Old 05-31-2018, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ColourGhost
Hi Guys.

Do you have fuel consumption problems? the engine spends a lot of fuel.
It may be the nature of the engine to be too much of a fuel spender
Old 05-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hi Guys.

Idle gap at .7mm (.030") or slightly smaller. I would check piston to head clearance and go for about .7mm on that also. Some cars are just better with mileage than others, check your bearings and make sure everything is rolling smooth. (Kyosho was the worst for me) I personally like a 7mm restrictor, sometimes smaller doesn't help mileage. I have no personal experience with the Dragon 4 but I dont think it is alot different than the 3. You should be getting more than 8 minutes. If you are a pro level driver sometimes they have trouble doing 7.5 because they are just on the gas all the time. 75% of good mileage is rolling on the throttle and letting off early.

Rex
Old 05-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys.

Can you guys please help me ��
You should get a lot more than that, unless your track is really fast (or something is wrong). On an average track I get 9 minutes with ease, on a really technical I can get 10 minutes and on my local track I get around 8:30, but it's a pretty fast track. A lot of the internet talk about fuel mileage is "crap", since you don't know the conditions. If I tell you I can get xx:yy mileage and you get a lot more or less than that, that doesn't mean anything. I used to obsess myself with getting 10 minutes, but I just gave up when I saw top EU guys at my track can't get 9 minutes. It is simply a very fast fuel thirsty track, and I finally understood that just because someone has crazy runtime numbers on the forums, doesn't mean he will get them here. Most run 30 min mains and there it doesn't matter if you run 8 or 9 minutes, since between 7:30 and 10 minutes you don't gain anything, since 7:30 is a 3-stop and 10:00 is a 2-stop fuel.

What I am trying to say is that if anyone isn't getting 10 minutes, it isn't possible on your track. If you get a lot less than the best guys, something is wrong, since the Dragon III is as good with fuel as anything. Either tune, fuel line, fuel tank lid? Exhausts also influence mileage a lot. Throttle finger as well, a very important factor in fuel mileage. I run the 2130 exhaust with Alpha P3 or P4 plugs. Also, don't get too stressed with tenmperature. If it sounds good, idles good and has smoke, it's good. I can assure you that 10 guys will get 10 different temperature readings with 10 different temperature guns. Alpha can run hot, mine usually reads 130-135 degrees Celsius (not full nor empty fuel tank),

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.